• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 barreled action

hukset402

Weld On!
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020
nebraska
I have a bergara hmr, 6.5cm. I'm hopping to get lucky and snag a chasis on the mdt black Friday shenanigans.

I was thinking about getting a barreled action in .223 to put in the HMR stock/mini chasis.

My questions for the gurus are

1. does this plan make sense?
2. What would be your go to for the barreled action? (I'm a poor so keep that in mind)

Mainly using it for an inexpensive rig to shoot around the house.

Edited to correct my fat finger typos.

Last edited:
origin and proof prefit (owen at Front Range Precision normally has both in stock, and carries the HLR lug to use a TL3 if that's what he currently has)

223 is fun and cheap. go for it.

Is it possible for under $1000 I'm thinking I'm gonna g
Have to buy somthing off the px.

Wish I could do a custom but I dont shoot enough to justify that cost.

mack bros and a prefit

otherwise it would be another bergara

unless you go tikka but that wouldn't fit the HMR stock

Reactions: hukset402
Is it possible for under $1000 I'm thinking I'm gonna g
Have to buy somthing off the px.

Wish I could do a custom but I dont shoot enough to justify that cost.
I too am in the "Poor's Camp"... I'd be careful in that price range buying something in the PX. Seeing some folks signing up and immediately putting things in the PX. I don't know how mechanical you are or what tools / shop you have or what time frame you are working in. Are you comfortable buying components and building it yourself?

Reactions: MikeLaFollette
Just buy a Savage LRVP with a 7 twist barrel used or buy the parts fro Northland Shooters Supply. I bought one a few years ago and it is accurate as hell.

Is the Tika a 700 clone? Trying to re use my hmr stock
no it isnt

thats why mack bros, origin, or just another bergara are recommended if you really want to use the old hmr chassis

i'd sell the bergera and buy an origin with a 6.5CM and 223 barrels and just run 1 chassis if it were me (yes. this is what i do and i have like 8 origin/tl3 barrels that get swapped around)

Second the above.

Trip stock, get a krg bravo. Left hand tikka and ur golden.

One of the issues you may encounter is that the Bergara B14 stock does not have a real wide barrel
channel. So if you really want to use that stock you need to MAKE SURE that the barrel profile
you pick will fit in the stock inlet.