• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

223 Bob Sled Single Shot Magazine issue - won't lock in - Tikka in MDT Chassis

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
I've got a Tikka T3x 223 in a MDT ACC chassis. I've shot this rifle in several benchrest and F-Class matches. I've been using an MDT 10 round polymer 223 magazine, but these matches require single loading. I bought a Bob-Sled AI 223 Single Shot Magazine (https://www.eabco.net/Original-Bob-...CS-CDI-Badger-Oryx-MDT-Mag-Wells_p_16106.html), thinking it would make single loading easier.

The magazine doesn't lock in the rifle. I know I likely need to adjust / trim the magazine to lock in. The website for the magazine says it works with MDT chassis, so I'm assuming it's an interference with the action, and I suspect it's the top edges (not the feedlips, but the ledge below that).

Does anyone have experience with this issue, and what was your solution? I'd like to hear from others before I potentially ruin a magazine.

Use a paint marker on the top edges, then you can find the interference easier. Use a flat or round file to make the clearance required to get it to lock in. Do not touch the action, chassis, or mag latch...only work on the $40 block of plastic.