• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 Earsplittingloudenboomer

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
it's got to be a laser beam!

url]

http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/ea.html

http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/index.html

Re: .223 Earsplittingloudenboomer

I'd have two questions.

#1 - at what velocity would the copper jacket melt from atmospheric friction and would this get you there.

#2 - Would you have to swap barrels every time you shot?

Barrel life = 7 rounds.

I bet it would be cool to shoot at night with any barrel under 600" long. The fireballs would probably cook whatever it was you were aiming at.

On a serious note, I wonder if you could get a 75gr moly coated VLD north of 5k?

Might be a good way to keep velocity up over a long range. Put some magnesium bullets in it and see if you can't get the raw material to light, self propelled 223's

Bob Hutton made that thing up as an expermental round back in the early 60s, never meant to be a serious thing at all. I THINK it was chambered by P.O. Ackley ... but maybe not. ?? Anyway, my old shooting hero, Elmer Keith, would never have approved of it.

I always thought it should only be fired in a heavy rain so the jacket could be water cooled as it traveled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might be a good way to keep velocity up over a long range. Put some magnesium bullets in it and see if you can't get the raw material to light, self propelled 223's </div></div>LOL!

What a waste of a barrel, powder and projectile.