• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 factory ammo recommendations?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
.223 factory ammo recommendations?

For PRS style club matches inside of 800, prioritizing BC for distance.

My gun prefers 77SMK to 69SMK... so 77SMK is what I've always used.

Looking for higher BC

Open to other recommendations.

(I've never shot a PRS style match with .223, only 6.5CM)

Last edited:
YMMV but I have had good luck and relatively low SD’s for factory ammo with the Hornady 75gr BTHP’s.

The Norma 77gr match always shot the best for me out of all the more common 75/77gr loads. Expensive before the madness, who knows now.

The Norma 77gr match always shot the best for me out of all the more common 75/77gr loads. Expensive before the madness, who knows now.
Same! That Norma hammers. Al thought the IMI 77gr stuff isn’t bad either. Had good results with that Magtech 77gr stuff too

My old Tikka Varmint used to print 1/4" with Fiocchi Exacta 77 smk.

Federal gmm 77gr and the federal gmm 73gr berger shot tiny bug holes and low ES's.

I had a batch of 77g IMI razorcore that shot well in my semi auto and bolt gun. I took the bolt to 510 no issues. Haven’t had a chance to stretch the semi auto yet, since it recently went through a major overhaul

PMC Xtac match 69 and 77 gr
IMI Razorcore 77 gr
Gorilla match 69 and 77 gr
ADI match 69 and 77 gr

Had very good luck with those.