• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 223 - IMR4064, Wolf Primer, 60gr Vmax

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Got to the range yesterday to put some more test loads thru the rifle! The first load was 23.5gr of IMR4064 in Lake City brass with Wolf Primers and topped off with a Hornady 60gr Vmax. The second load was ditto except for the powder charge was increased to 24.8gr. Happy with both loads, hard to decide which one is better. They both grouped well and the SD's was within 1 point. Group size was almost the same, 23.5gr was .61" and the 24.8gr was .70".
I have put several different loads thru this rifle and they all seem to be winners. I have not been able to find a reasonable load that this rifle will not shoot! So far the winning load is 25gr of Win748 with the same component list above!

I am very happy with the Wolf primers! They are performing very well so far in all the rifles I have tested them!

Wonder when the Mfg's are going to start releasing load data including these primers! There are sure enough of them on the market now.

DSCI0082.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

Re: 223 - IMR4064, Wolf Primer, 60gr Vmax

Nice groups! Pics of the rifle?

Re: 223 - IMR4064, Wolf Primer, 60gr Vmax

I have not noticed a big difference in the velocity and SD's between Winchester and Wolf. I have noticed that the Wolf primers are running a little larger in diameter compared to the Winchesters, Federals, and CCI's.

I have a several thousand of the Wolfs and have been testing my staple loads with just replacing the primers with the Wolf's.

They have been performing pretty much the same with little change in POA/POI and slightly higher velocity's.

I like them and will buy more for sure!

Terry