• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.223 In The Old AICS Mags

ISBe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
Madison, TN
Before the polymer magazines came out, were you guys using the standard .308 magazines? If so, any problems? I just don't like the look of the polymer magazines that much.

Re: .223 AICS Mags

To use a .308 mag for .223 it needs to be converted with two plates down the sides to narrow it down and then the lips need altering. I have one and also a polymer - the polymer is much better as its specifically designed for .223. What exactly don't you like the look of?

I use the poly 223 mags and they feed like a dream on my 300/221 whisper and its pretty hard to beat the price.

Dustin

Did you make the plates yourself or buy them? What needs to be done to the lips? Is there a thread on this? The thing I don't like about the polymer ones is how the bottom plate is bigger than the rest of the mag. I'm picky like that lol.

I posted a pic of mine in a previous thread, here's the link, just scroll to the bottom of the thread for the pic:

.308 AICS mag in .223

I guess its something that someone could do if they were handy but I bought mine ready made from someone converting them on a regular basis. I get about 16 rounds inside, 17 at a push but in no way is it as easy to load as the purpose made polymer mag. It does however function flawlessly so no complaints there.