• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 Loading

Dyer_MCSO

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hey guys, I have a rem 700 26 inch 1:12 in .223, and I am going to start reloading for it. I have been reloading for my .308 for a long time, and I was just wondering what powder charge/bullet combo you are having good results with. I am looking for something that will turn Pdogs wrong side out, out to around 300-400 yards. Had good luck with 55grn ballistic tips in my 6mm years ago. Anyway, I haven't reloaded for .223 before, and I am just looking for a couple good spots to start laddering from. Thanks in advance.

Re: .223 Loading

Hey there Dyer, welcome to the site.

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, there is a loading Depot right at the top of the reloading forum. There's quite a bit of information in there, and you might find some of the answers you're looking for. At your fingertips.

Hope that helps.

Dyer,
With a 1/12 twist you are gonna be limited to lighter bullets. The ballistic tips should work for your intended use. I like the 50-55 grainers. Another bullet to check out is a Hornady spsx 55 grainer. I used to use it alot for 'yote hunting. Worked really well.

SOTA

Alright. Thanks for the info. I will take a look at the loading depot, and will look into the 40, 50, and 55 grain bullets. Should give me some decent spots to start. Thanks again.