• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 223 Match Reamer

areaone

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Illinois
Anyone have any experience with a PTG 223 Match reamer chambered rifle. Thinkin of this for a bolt gun, I know the neck is a little less than a standard 223. Looking at a Match reamer with a .250 neck(fine for me), and a .025 FB any thoughts or comments Please. Wanting to shoot 55-69 SMK.

Re: 223 Match Reamer

I have one....fitted and chambered a rifle for MitchK with it. There are some photos of gps he's shot with it here on the hide. Last weekend he shot it at 900 and from photo I saw 5 shot gp looked about 2.5 inches or so. Look for his posts or contact him. The results he's getting from the same reamer are most excellent.

Re: 223 Match Reamer

I got a .250" neck .050" shorter throat reamer custom ground by Manson, and I am very happy with it.

The no turn neck chamber + honed out sizer die or Lee collet neck die makes the brass seem to last forever without annealing. And concentricity is easier to get.