• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing .223 suppressor design

Chime

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Hi to everyone. newbie here. I would like to know if anybody here have a design for a suppressor to be used in my M4 11.5". I lived in the Philippines & it's perfectly legal to fabricate a suppressor and I would like to ask if what's the diffrence between using a conical baffle and a K baffle in .223? thanks

Re: .223 suppressor design

cones are more effecient than K baffels for high pressure rounds rounds , a series of stepped cones works great like those found in the SRT Shadow , the AAC M4-2000 , Cyclone and 762SD are all very effective cans and they all use a stamped cone. Tactical Inovations Tac-16 use simple flat washers with a tiny cone on it , it works great and is very very easy to build

JJones,

I'm planning to build a 1/2" dia. X 9" in length telescopic suppressor. 4" will be inserted into the barrel, 1" for blast chamber and the remaining 4" will be used for a single flat baffle with tiny cone & a series 4 stepped cones spaced evenly. I'm going for the least amount of sound and back pressure. Am I on the right track?

By the way, w/c works best, evenly spaced stepped cones or the farther the cones from the muzzle, the closer their spacing?

Thank you very much for spending your precious time with me.

Edited: it's a 1.5" diameter X 9" length

oppsss... sorry for that. my mistake. it's a 1.5" diameter X 9" length. Thanks