• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 to 22arc?

Hoggr9

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2021
Xenia, IL
If a person were to swap from a .223 to 22arc, what is needed? Obviously barrel and bcg. What about buffer and gas system?

There's a ton of variables, existing barrel length, port size, buffer setup, springs, loads it's been tuned for.
New barrel length, port size, buffer setup, springs, loads you want to run.
You would have to specify all those things before anyone could help further. And said help may just be an educated guess anyway. Sometimes you just have to do it and see what happens.
How picky are you? If it goes bang are you happy? Are you OCD about finely optimizing every small detail of a build?
Like I said, it depends.

Reactions: simonp
Great details to help with research, current setup is an older remington r15 i beleive 16", no idea on the other specifics, purchased as a complete rifle for yotes years ago.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Short answer: Barrel, bolt, mags.

Long answer: Get a new rifle or complete upper with the handguard that matches the barrel profile and gas block location you go with.

Buffer and action spring can generally stay the same.

I agree with LRRPF52, get a whole 22ARC upper that will be madeto all work together. You can keep the 223 upper in case you want to bang away with cheaper ammo.