• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.223 wylde CLE DOUGLAS tactical MID 16: JP SCS VS A5h2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2021
Florida
The barrel is .850Uhg to .750 gas journal with a 0.078 mid length gas port 16in, from CLE “Douglas Tactical”. I’m attaching a DA Sandman S with a FCD 6315KM “keymod A2”

I currently have on hand:
Noveske H2 buffer, Carbine length receiver extension w JP polished tuned carbine spring.

I can not decide if I should use what I have or buy a JP SCS h2 or Vltor A5h2.

Also have on hand a Noveske non adjustable gas block but wonder if I should get a superlative arms adj gas block (solid set screw)

I’d like to have a one and done battle ready mid 16, the receivers are cerakoted Wilson Combat OD, with CMT DRT 15in rail. Specialized Armament Colt Mil BCG, Larue MBT2s.

Really like a smooth, reliable platform but don’t have to spend if I don’t need to. I could also use the SCS or A5 with my 11.5in Colt 6933
0.074 carbine gas port system as well.

And Input is appreciated?
Thank you

Attachments

• BBD9D454-7379-4729-83F3-944BC03CE331.jpeg
    BBD9D454-7379-4729-83F3-944BC03CE331.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Jdfd556
If your suppressed you’ll want the jp SCS. Don’t necessarily need an h2 with an adjustable gas block tho. But be warned once you buy one you’ll have one in every rifle.

Reactions: Malcolm31
Now everyone understands my confusion by reading the comments.
I do appreciate the comments though, sold a 16in Carbine setup to fund this higher tier setup.

I likely will SCSh2 the 16mid 0.078 and then A5h3 the 11.5 carbine 0.074…I work extra days to buy this stuff anyways (rationalizing lol)

building ultimately #2 (5.56) that are damn near infallible with and without the sandman S. for 75gr and 77gr 5.56

I really feel the recoil impulse/reliability can be upgraded from the Carbine system, along side the trigger/ barrel will change the dynamics the most. These setups won’t use a brake and would like to utilize a non adjustable gas block.

About adj gas block (superlative) are these reliable, IE in a low desert or wet mountain forest with 5000rds in a pelican do you take the non adj or adjustable gas block system?

Now everyone understands my confusion by reading the comments.
I do appreciate the comments though, sold a 16in Carbine setup to fund this higher tier setup.

I likely will SCSh2 the 16mid 0.078 and then A5h3 the 11.5 carbine 0.074…I work extra days to buy this stuff anyways (rationalizing lol)

building ultimately #2 (5.56) that are damn near infallible with and without the sandman S. for 75gr and 77gr 5.56

I really feel the recoil impulse/reliability can be upgraded from the Carbine system, along side the trigger/ barrel will change the dynamics the most. These setups won’t use a brake and would like to utilize a non adjustable gas block.

About adj gas block (superlative) are these reliable, IE in a low desert or wet mountain forest with 5000rds in a pelican do you take the non adj or adjustable gas block system?
Ive run standard buffers with JP polished springs, with a can... no noise... ive run armaspec capture spring system, equally as quiet... A few of my rifles have the Geisselle 42 spring/h1 or h2 buffers with JP adjustable gas blocks and they run smooth as silk and quiet also.....

You dont need a $250 buffer system with a can, and throw in a good buffer with the JP spring or the G42 kit... you wont tell a difference.

People that spend $2500+ on 12 buffer systems have more money than sense.

Ive run standard buffers with JP polished springs, with a can... no noise... ive run armaspec capture spring system, equally as quiet... A few of my rifles have the Geisselle 42 spring/h1 or h2 buffers with JP adjustable gas blocks and they run smooth as silk and quiet also.....

You dont need a $250 buffer system with a can, and throw in a good buffer with the JP spring or the G42 kit... you wont tell a difference.

People that spend $2500+ on 12 buffer systems have more money than sense.
Seems fitting...

Your own words, so awesome you are .

1665949211111.png

If it were me the first step would be an adj gas block. Tuning the gas will negate the “need” for any different buffer system. Sure an A5 or SCS will make it a little nicer/smoother but the biggest bang for your buck will be the ability to choose how much gas is sent to the carrier. That being said, most of ours are tuned with A5s and Adj blocks and they are extremely pleasant to shoot.

Reactions: DOA
I just bought two of these from Compass Lake. I hope they're decent. They were on sale for $300. At $300, I couldn't think of a better value.
I'm going to also get two Criterion down the road from CLE. It seems like a better route than waiting 6 months for a Criterion off of their website.