• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

223ai twist

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
I'm looking at getting a 24" 223ai barrel for My origin. I wanna go Krieger but all i can find is 8T. I wanna shoot primarily 80-85gr berger. Will this work? What about 90s?

I have talked to a couple guys that thought the 1:7” twist was a touch too slow for the 85.5s at longer ranges. Accuracy degraded and they went with the 80s. I went with 1:6.5”. If you want to try 90s I would definitely go 1:6.5”. My 1:6.5” is a Krieger.

I have talked to a couple guys that thought the 1:7” twist was a touch too slow for the 85.5s at longer ranges. Accuracy degraded and they went with the 80s. I went with 1:6.5”. If you want to try 90s I would definitely go 1:6.5”. My 1:6.5” is a Krieger.
What contour?

No, I remember, I got it from Krieger. They’ve got some Palma 1:6.5”. That’s a pretty easy inletting job.

I have shot a bunch of both of those bullets out of a 1-8 Krieger and have not troubles with either, even in the cold.