• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.224 75gr SCIROCCO

Matches Malone

Jihad Joe
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Your moms bed
I thought this topic would be best in this section, since in this instance most reloaders have a better idea of ballistics and since ill be hand loading these. With that being said, anyone have any testimony on these projectiles? I'm looking for a good blend of terminal and external ballistics at longer range....I say longer range (800-1000y) because although we know that an SPR or some other special setup in .223 type rifle can hit a target at that range, terminal performance in this caliber is usually poor. While I don't plan on hunting with this, I'd like to set up some loads, and test them in gelatin at distance, simply just because of pure curiosity of long range ballistics potential in this caliber. However I haven't got much info on these projectiles in detail. Might these Scirocco's have potential in this criteria before I go wasting time?

A little pricey though but I guess the nosler partitions or other hunting bullets are just as costly.

That being said Ive never seen anyone using them. Do it along with some more bullets while youre at it and document your results. I would sure like to see them but it could also be quite the undertaking.

Ive found the 223s arent enough for sizable hogs at 100 yards, I cant imagine how weak they would be at 600 on an animal.

It's going to take me sometime logistically and between work, but ill be sure to try these out, ive been curious about the terminal performance of the ELD-Ms as well, although I know for a fact they won't work like there sister version of the ELD-X found in other bullet calibers. I agree that the .223/5.56s aren't very good on terminal ballistics for hunting, in most case anyways