• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

224V/6ARC/6.5G

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Ok, supplies being un-obtainium lately I have found 7.62X39 Small Primer Lapua and Winchester Brass. Also can find some Federal 224 Valrkerie brass.

Trying to decide on next AR build. Lessons learned in this shortage but the components before the build so you know you have something to load work up and shoot, rather than a paperweight in a safe.

So I know 6.5G can be formed from 7.62X39, can 6ARC also? Does it require neck turning?

224/6 which would be better out of a 20” 3 Gun type build with a low power variable optic -or- precision 20” build?

A lot of questions. Hopefully you guys can help me pull the trigger on brass this weekend. Have plenty of primer, and applicable powders. Next will be projectiles.

I have 6.5 G and 224 Val and I have to say I really like the 224Val. 6.5 G is a fantastic round and shoots easy. Made for the AR15 is the best. Lots of data on great loads. The 224 Val is the big eye opener made for AR15 Long range with heavy bullets. Both are fun to shoot and Hornady bullets make them shine!