• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22bra build

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Well I’ve narrowed down everything for my build expect the barrel. My goal for this rifle is a hunting and target rifle. Not competition just something fun to shoot with coyote hunting in mind as well. It’s going be lighter weight. The issue I’m having is deciding between a 1:8 or 1:7 twist barrel. I’m planning on shooting 75’s so I know the 1:8 will work. Any recommendation between the two. Bore is .218

Cause the 22brx is a slow round? 22 br can push the same weight bullets as 22-250 to 95% of the speed. What's the BRX do?
I honestly don't think the 219 would be a problem. 1 in 8 limits you to 77 vlds or maybe 80 grain sierras. I would honestly go 1-7. Just in case I wanted to play with the heavier bullets.

Id go 219 bore as well. I run a short barrel 22cm with 219 bore 7tw. Have had mid weight bullets over 3300, no failures. I'm building a 22br for prs practice rig, its same 219 7tw.

I have been shooting a 22BRA for over a year now, I'd go with the 7 twist also. I shoot the berger and 85.5 and 90 A tips at 3000+ FPS. I also have a .219 bore and will also stick with it when it's time for a new one since I know it works. I don't believe you'd have any problems running an twist with your stated bullets. I ran a lot of 80 elds in an twist 223ai at 3000 fps with no problems as well, but above that I'd stick with the 7. I'm going to be getting a proof CF cut in 22BRA also for hunting, it'll be 20" in 7 twist. It's a great cartridge