• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22CM build

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
With everything still super hard to get my hands on, I've got time to slow down and really pick the parts I want for my 22CM build. But I am stumped on what action I want to get.

I love my current T3x that I have in a KRG chassis. Smoothest factory bolt and solid action. Should I pick this one up over a custom action?

For $200 more I can get into the customs and get a Nucleus, I have never played with one and couldn't say that $200 is going to go far.

On the user (mine) end, is it basically push feed vs CRF? So $200 more for CRF?

Aftermarket doesn't matter to me on either because I have all that stuff figured out, I just need help on the action itself.

I never was a Tikka fan and just bought a Nucleus that is in route. That said, I also have to buy bottom metal, trigger, and magazines. I think the gap is way bigger than $200. If you like Tikkas, be hard to pass that up. In my case I needed lefthand, 223 bolt face so it was easy decision to go Nucleus for me. Anxious to get it. Hawkins bottom metal, $175, just arrived.

Reactions: hereinaz
With everything still super hard to get my hands on, I've got time to slow down and really pick the parts I want for my 22CM build. But I am stumped on what action I want to get.

I love my current T3x that I have in a KRG chassis. Smoothest factory bolt and solid action. Should I pick this one up over a custom action?

For $200 more I can get into the customs and get a Nucleus, I have never played with one and couldn't say that $200 is going to go far.

On the user (mine) end, is it basically push feed vs CRF? So $200 more for CRF?

Aftermarket doesn't matter to me on either because I have all that stuff figured out, I just need help on the action itself.

Nucleus is more than just CRF difference. Removable bolt face, mechanical ejector, much more robust, short/long action and Rem 700 footprint.

There is a lot to be said for picking one platform, one scope, one reticle and learning it. I am a Nucleus guy, but I say just get another Tikka. Learn the Tikka and run it. You got no reason to change.

Reactions: CarbonMTN
Variety is the spice of life...try out an Origin or Nuke and see how you like it. Can't go wrong with either...

If you try an origin, send your trigger to Zermatt prior to them shipping. They'll time the trigger up. My origin had 18k cock on close that just made it feel like a rem700. Got that fixed with a shorter cocking piece, and I'm 1000% happier with it.
Zermatt told me they tweaked a couple things and triggers don't need to be sent in for timing. That was back in June.

To the OP:

Have you checked out the Mack Bros SS Evo action?
That's a lot of action for $575!!!

It looks like they took their backorder ooption away.

Reactions: khuber84
Zermatt told me they tweaked a couple things and triggers don't need to be sent in for timing. That was back in June.

To the OP:

Have you checked out the Mack Bros SS Evo action?
That's a lot of action for $575!!!

It looks like they took their backorder ooption away.
not many prefit barrels for MACK BROS. so that's a huge no for me.

I don’t think you can go wrong with a tikka. But personally I like trying customs. Your always wondering what if, maybe I should have.. so why not try it. I currently own 6 different customs and for a budget build the kelbly atlas tactical is absolutely fantastic!!

Reactions: Redvanes
I was Tikka heavy at one time with 6 rifles. I had no issues with them, and with some of the profits out there, they are a big value in a great platform.

I got the opportunity to buy a PVA barreled TL3 and sort of wanted to give it a try. The fact the bolt face is swappable, and so many prefits out there, I slowly converted to TL3s. I now have 4 of them and 15 barrels. I have ultralite MPAs for hunting, and Comps for practice and matches.

Bottom line, 1 TL3 will do so much for a guy, but 2 Tikkas bought used are the same price as the TL3 action alone. I sort of wish I could get a TL3 with 60° bolt throw and have them stay as smooth as they are now.