• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22Creed/carbon or 264win mag/wood. New build

granite wagon

bottle washer
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2021
NC
Its gonna be either an 18" stainless barrel 22creed in carbon stock or a 20" carbon barrel 264win mag in wood stock.

Both for steel & whitetails

Already have actions for both

Are you asking which one first?

Are you set on those configurations?

It’s totally fine if you are but carbon stock/steel barrel & wood stock/carbon barrel seem sort of conflicting

Of those configurations, I’d choose the 264 WM first. Then work on the 22 Creed

Definitely set on the carbon barrel / wood stock .. think it'll look really sharp and I always like a lil out of ordinary.
The 22creed will likely see double duty in a carbon stock for walking & bravo for steel

Reactions: The D
Curious what actions you’ll be using? I saw the 7-08 you built using a Nanook and wondered if you liked it enough to do more.

Curious what actions you’ll be using? I saw the 7-08 you built using a Nanook and wondered if you liked it enough to do more.
Both are early/middle eighties R700 and both have better than usual extraction timing.

Love the Nanook and Im sure a Prometheus is in my future.

Definitely set on the carbon barrel / wood stock .. think it'll look really sharp and I always like a lil out of ordinary.
The 22creed will likely see double duty in a carbon stock for walking & bravo for steel
Are the actions a s/a .473 bf and l/a .535 bf?

Like I already said, there’s nothing wrong at all with the two plans and I’d start with the 264 WM build if it was me

I’m all about firearm Lego’s though and I have my own plans for a few bolt actions I have access to(one is mine, one is my father’s). There’s no reason to limit yourself to one cartridge per action, unless these two guns are just two more in a big collection . It’s easy enough to select remage barrels or get an action blueprinted and have the measurements saved. Then you can select from any of several combinations that suit any scenario you need

Last edited:
If it is of importance loading for the 22 creed is about half of the cost of the .264 WM.
Lots of bullet choices,SR primers, not a belted case etc.
Cool factor ??????????? You pick

Reactions: granite wagon
Are the actions a s/a .473 bf and l/a .535 bf?

Like I already said, there’s nothing wrong at all with the two plans and I’d start with the 264 WM build of it was me

I’m all about firearm Lego’s though and I have my own plans for a few bolt actions I have access to(one is mine, one is my father’s). There’s no reason to limit yourself to one cartridge per action, unless these two guns are just two more in a big collection . It’s easy enough to select remage barrels or get an action blueprinted and have the measurements saved. Then you can select from any of several combinations that suit any scenario you nee
Yup a short std face and a long mag face. The short action has 3 different barrels now ( 26" 6creed, 26" 6.5creed & 18.75" 308 ) .

Reactions: The D
i built my 22 creed with an 18" carbon barrel in a Mcmillian and i really like the rifle a lot. i think you'll be happy with it!

Reactions: granite wagon