• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22GT vs 22 Creed???

Davehc130

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
I have a 22 Creed for hunting...thinking about a 22 cal for PRS...looking at ballistics on the 95 SMK running close to PRS limits, and it looks like it would shoot a laser beam with much less drift than a 6 dasher or 6 GT....dont care a bout barrel life....NASCAR gets one racing on an engine and 50 laps on tires...so if you wanna stand on the podium you gots to run the gear to get you there...so then what would you pick to run...I would think maybe the 22 GT might be easier to tune a load with better SD/ES.....thoughts????

Reactions: deersniper
I have a 22 Creed for hunting...thinking about a 22 cal for PRS...looking at ballistics on the 95 SMK running close to PRS limits, and it looks like it would shoot a laser beam with much less drift than a 6 dasher or 6 GT....dont care a bout barrel life....NASCAR gets one racing on an engine and 50 laps on tires...so if you wanna stand on the podium you gots to run the gear to get you there...so then what would you pick to run...I would think maybe the 22 GT might be easier to tune a load with better SD/ES.....thoughts????
I would only say that I wouldn't go with a caliber or cartridge with one specific bullet in mind. In my experience your rifle either won't like the bullet, the bullet will become impossible to find, or they'll stop making it. I've had this problem for sure.

How much is “much less” drift? I’m intrigued....
At 500 yards I don’t have to ever hold wind. My dasher I have to hold off plate sometimes. The 22 creed just straight up hasn’t missed yet from wind.
But that’s at 3400, not 3200 speed limit. I wish they would raise that limit and just not put a plate inside of 400 yards because I freaking love my 22 creed.

I have a 22BR on a 20" barrel. Velocity is disappointing. So I bought a 22" 22Creed. It's a 1:7.7" and I hesitate to push it faster than 3150. I think a 1:8" 22GT in a 24" barrel would be about perfect for matches. But it would be interesting to shoot it side by side a Dasher on the long bomb stages

At some point I would love to spin up a 22" .22BRA, to shoot suppressed.

Everything is suppressed

I'm still waiting for my suppressors to get out of jail.

However, a 9" can on a 28" barrel is an awfully long setup. That's what my current 6BRA barrel is, and I'm wondering how I'm going to like that suppressed for comps.

I ran the 22 Dasher for a season , it is an awesome chambering , Fast and flat definitely shoots well inside of a 6 dasher. I ran 95smk at 3080 and got just about 2k rds out of it before it started having an occasional flier. 6.5t barrel
My buddy ran the creed 6.5t and it could easily do 3150-3200 but his started blowing up bullets after about 3-5 shots in on a string.
Down side in PRS is spotting trace and misses
It has plenty of energy on plates even a 1k but it’s just so damn fast that it’s on plate or in the dirt instantly ( during the peak of movement from recoil)
But it is awesome, I would do the dasher or GT before I’d do the creed , with the heavys I did not see any difference in performance

Reactions: Jlanhart
Well thank you very much for the input. What do think a good starting load for 4166 and staBall would be

I ran the 22 Dasher for a season , it is an awesome chambering , Fast and flat definitely shoots well inside of a 6 dasher. I ran 95smk at 3080 and got just about 2k rds out of it before it started having an occasional flier. 6.5t barrel
My buddy ran the creed 6.5t and it could easily do 3150-3200 but his started blowing up bullets after about 3-5 shots in on a string.
Down side in PRS is spotting trace and misses
It has plenty of energy on plates even a 1k but it’s just so damn fast that it’s on plate or in the dirt instantly ( during the peak of movement from recoil)
But it is awesome, I would do the dasher or GT before I’d do the creed , with the heavys I did not see any difference in performance
What powder are you using with the 95smk?