• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22in vs 26 in 300PRC

dixon4420

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2024
WY
i searched for a bit and didnt quite find what i was looking for. I am looking into getting a 300PRC. I feel like i have decided on the Seekins, but i was going to go with the PH2 and noticed it has a 26in barrel and the Element has a 22in barrel. I am going to be using a suppressor with this and so im trying to decide is going down to the 22in barrel going to be worth the extra cost or is there another special difference i am not noticing? Also is 1:10 twist fast enough for most ammo in 22in barrel? Would i also be fine getting the PH2 and cutting it down to 22-24 and spending less if the difference isnt big enough to justify the price increase?

What's the purpose of the rifle?
The main purpose would be longer range hunting and then second as a non competitive longish range target shooting. I have a 6.5 creedmoor that’s only one of two rifles for now and I have killed everything with that. Shot my elk at 450 with it this year and died within 100 yards but I could tell the penetration would not be super great if I shot past that. Most of my hunting with a rifle is wide open fields or super light timber. Anything super dense while I’m walking I take my 30-30

26 is too long for a hunting rifle with a can. You could alway cut it down to 24”.