• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22lr action for Remington 700 AICS stock

TDR911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2007
Punta Gorda, Florida
Are there any companies making a 22LR action that will fit a Remington 700 format other than a Remington 40X. I have a short action AICS chassis and would like to build a trainer rifle.

Stillers 25 X to be released soon.
pred_25x21.jpg

Re: 22lr action for Remington 700 AICS stock

I would be interested to see that bad boy thats for sure. Fit an anchutz to that would be one very nice package

I can see someone cornering the market if they are the first to get a product like this on the market.

I think a Turbo action is the same a the 700 action but don't take that to the bank. You might also check out the Hall rimfire action. But what is the matter with the 40x action (read the 722) all aftermarket trigger that fit the 700 will fit the 40x.
larryj

If memory serves (and it usually doesn't) the Turbo is a variation on the Winchester M52. I am not sure of the dimensions of the Hall action, but I also seem to remember (hah) a thread here where someone had built a Hall on an AICS, so some search-fu might turn that up for you.

Here is the Hall: http://www.hallmfg.com/html/spbrrimfire.html

That Stiller is one handsome piece of machinery.

Thanks DMann.
The stiller ones are to be finished late summer. I am on the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks DMann.
The stiller ones are to be finished late summer. I am on the list.
</div></div>

Do you know a ballpark price on them? Lastnigh I got to thinking..Maybe I should attempt to do what you are doing instead of buying an Annie. Have you heard anything about accuracy? I want to be able to compete with it at the same time using it as a training rifle for a 7mm-08 or what ever your choice of cal. is.

Are you going to use the same stock and just pull the action and plop the other action and barrel in to go shoot your high power stuff or are you setting this up strictly for a training rifle? I would need to be able to do the swap as these stocks are way to much money for my wife to be ok buying 2 of them.
smile.gif
Sorry for the questions..But you sparked my interest

Stiller is $ 1000.00 Approx Hall about the same. Stiller is quality so accuracy should be fine.
I have 2 ACIS chassis 1 short action 308 with S&B scope.
the second chassis will be set up identical as a 22lr trainer. I will start with a Falcon Menace scope. that I already have. Plans are to buy a USO soon.
It would be easy to swap but I would not do it too much.
What stock do you have??
Depending on what stock you use will set the price.

Ahh.. Thanks. At least it wont be ready for some time.
smile.gif
What Barrel do you plan on using?

I dont have any of it yet as I was orginally going to buy an anshultz but if this will shoot just as good Ill go this route. I will get either the same ACIS chassis or the JAE chassis (http://www.jae100.com/jae700rsa.htm)

Is that 1000.00 going to include mags or is it going to be single shot? What would keep you from swaping the action and barel around? DOes the chassis wear? I assumed the action was pinned to the chassis or something, not free floated or however they are attached. Im a newbie to these chassis systems but think they make a great platform.

Thanks for the help

There are 2 screws that hold the action in place in the chassis. It is an aluminum bed. It should not wear if the bolt torque is maintained.
Not sure what barrel Mfg I am going with yet. Still researching.
JAE has some nice looking stuff.
I started and are used to the AICS so I will stick with it. I am always trying different stocks to see if any fit my shooting style better.

I shoot a 64MPR, I feel a stiller action in a good stock with a shillen barrel or similar would beat my MPR hands down in some areas, but for the dollars I spent on my annie I won't be buying another .22lr anytime soon...

cant someone just machine a .22lr bolt that will drop into any rem short action???

by the time you spend all this money on custom bolts and horseshit like that, just buy a 40x and drop it in the AICS and be done.