• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.22LR AICS using a Savage MKII F

defcon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
California
.22LR AICS using a Savage MKII F

finally got around to this conversion.

3x9-50 scope
M1A bipod
CASV rail
10/22 flash hider

can someone recommend me where i can get that tri rail?

thing i still need to do:

add a new bolt handle
add a barrel shroud to cover the thin pencil barrel
add a tri rail

<span style="font-weight: bold">original stock</span>
id like to reuse this CASV tri rail but i need a one piece scope mount and riser

_MG_3485 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_3486 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_3491 by defconskylude, on Flickr

<span style="font-weight: bold">new stock</span>

_MG_4584 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_4581 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_4579 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_4583 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Re: .22LR AICS using a Savage MKII F

Is that a well g96 chassis what bipod is that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 432texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a well g96 chassis what bipod is that </div></div>

yes sir. its the $99 G96 chassis found in the airsplat.com boneyard section

its a $30 M1A bipod i think its NC Star

Do you know if the real aics screw nobs for the cheek riser will fit this stock I found one for 12 bucks plus shipping but its missing them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 432texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if the real aics screw nobs for the cheek riser will fit this stock I found one for 12 bucks plus shipping but its missing them </div></div>

sorry i wouldnt know because i dont own a real AICS.

now does anyone think the AICS Viperskin pistol grip version will work with this G96?

i think it can but id have to drill new holes into the aluminum chassis.

its $150 for that skin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 432texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if the real aics screw nobs for the cheek riser will fit this stock I found one for 12 bucks plus shipping but its missing them </div></div>

If your stock is a Wells G96 stock (the folding stock for gas gun) then the screws should fit. They are the same diameter screw with the same thread pitch. I have both the wells and a real aics. I converted my wells to fit a CZ452 varmint and it looks clean and works great.

The screw on the left is for the real AICS and the screw on the right is from a Wells G96 stock. They are both interchangeable.

2ldiw5w.jpg

Hope this helps,

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now does anyone think the AICS Viperskin pistol grip version will work with this G96?

its $150 for that skin </div></div>

Viperskins should be a drop fit into a real AICS stock. From what I can tell the Wells G96 stock skins and AICS skins are interchangeable (just use the long action version of the AICS 2.0 skins) For viperskins that would be the long action version of the skins.

ohu794.jpg

Hope this helps,

Gene

All the holes lines up, however the AICS skins need some material removed on the inside to fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now does anyone think the AICS Viperskin pistol grip version will work with this G96?

its $150 for that skin </div></div>

Viperskins should be a drop fit into a real AICS stock. From what I can tell the Wells G96 stock skins and AICS skins are interchangeable (just use the long action version of the AICS 2.0 skins) For viperskins that would be the long action version of the skins.

ohu794.jpg

Hope this helps,

Gene </div></div>

thanks for the pic comparison. judging by how the screws line up, i do think the viperskin will fit on the G96. i dont mind dremeling off the viperskin just to make it fit.

ill buy the viperskin sometime in May and do the conversion on another G96 body

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chakup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the holes lines up, however the AICS skins need some material removed on the inside to fit. </div></div>

cool did you do the viperskin conversion on a G96?

thanks defcon for the info

Wow Defcon, that's a nice rimfire rig!
smile.gif