• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22LR BENCHREST

QPM

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2023
TEXAS
Hi all. Getting into 22lr benchrest and am buying a scope. Must have 20x+, low parallax, ffp, good reticle. I don't care about illumination.

I just ordered a Burris RT 5-25 (came today), but I don't have to keep it. For around the same money I could get the Strike Eagle (Vortex 5-25) or could get the Burris XTR II-which means I would have to get (another) set of rings.

I have the XTR II on my 6.5 precision and really like it, though it can wash out without the sun shade. I have a PST GEN2 1-5 on my AR and have been very happy with Vortex.

Have you guys shot with the Strike Eagle, and can you please offer your compare and contrast opinion? Anything I should be looking at that I'm not (as you can probably tell budget is a concern... like $5-800)? Any general opinions on these scopes?

Thank you very much!

ARA? I see you’re in Texas, what club?

I’d be more tempted to call up Doug at cameralandny on the phone and see what he could work out for you on this sightron scope as a hide member over the more tactical minded stuff. It wont be much good for anything else though besides fixed range paper shooting.

Last edited:
for actual benchrest competition neither of those are good options. not even close

for having fun and shooting rimfire benchrest for fun they will work fine.

i have a strike eagle on my RimX sometimes and it works just dandy out to 400y

as mentioned above, if you only want a scope for benchrest, call doug about sightron, but not that if you intend to do anything else it wont be a good option at all

ARA? I see you’re in Texas, what club?

I’d be more tempted to call up Doug at cameralandny on the phone and see what he could work out for you on this sightron scope as a hide member over the more tactical minded stuff. It wont be much good for anything else though besides fixed range paper shooting.
In Boerne. ABRA, though I will shoot bolt action (outlaw heavy/outlaw lite).

In Boerne. ABRA, though I will shoot bolt action (outlaw heavy/outlaw lite).
Oh, nice. Its pretty cool shooting in town.
I don’t get out there as much as I would like, never during the week and saturdays are usually taken. The line goes hot at the listed event time so don’t show up to start setting up then, be ready to go then in order to get all of your relays in.
I’d take what you already have for the first one and then see what you feel you might need to change up.
434803A0-5049-4282-A71A-15850716A773.jpeg

F8059394-F9D8-4179-A8AD-9C78A6F69137.jpeg

Edit: and if you are just plain interested in 22s then check out the New Braunfels Schuetzen Verein as well to shoot paper at 100 standing up, message me and I can get you a schedule etc or you can check out the Facebook group

Last edited:
Reactions: QPM
For benchrest, I'd get something like these:

Or for really budget friendly:

SFP for benchrest. FFP totally pointless for with all KDs on a square range. I've never, ever heard of bench rest holding over, ranging a target, or really using any marksmanship at all. BR is for machinists who are seeing who can spend more money. It is the top fuel dragster of shooting. The driver merely locks his elbows and mashes the accelerator.

Go over to www.accurateshooter.com if your aspiration is to be a BR faggot.

• Love
Reactions: Tokay444
People with no legs win PRS matches. Then again, they probably don’t consider themselves DIS-abled. But, I agree. It’s a great way for the elderly, disabled, morbidly obese, mentally deficient, and morally bereft to still shoot.

Fuck those arrogant bitches.

Reactions: Tokay444
I have the strike eagle and the rt25. I think the glass on the burris is a tad better and the reticle on the burris is a little thinner. The strike eagle has just been swapped out for a burris xtr3. The only reason I changed it was for the higher power (30x). I shoot prs and rimfire f-class with a b14r, and the extra magnification helps seeing holes at 100-200y. The rt25 is on my .223 That I use for the same types of shooting (prs & f-class). Now I have the same reticle on both my prs/f-class rifles, (scr2). My son had the sightron siii 10x-50x that is a great scope for the $, and would be great for dedicated benchrest shooting.

Mike

Reactions: QPM