• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 22LR Can for $200??

Strickland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2003
Mansfield, Texas
I'm looking to pick up my first can. It will go on a Buckmark and a little CZ Youth 22 rifle.

Any recommendations on cans that are around the $200-250 mark?

I'd like to be able to take it apart for cleaning also.

Thanks

Re: 22LR Can for $200??

Big +1 for the Tac65. I bought mine a few years ago for $165 and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Two weeks ago I had it at the range and there was a guy with a Yankee Hill Mite(?). His was noticeably louder than the Tac65. We tried every possible combination we could between the two of us. My gun, his can, his gun/my can, his ammo, mine, etc. The Tac65 was quieter in every case.

The YHM was a little shorter. Both appeared to be about the same O.D. and judging by the feel (no scale @ the range) weighed very close to same.

I'm not knocking the Yankee Hill by any means. I actually liked it's finish better. My Tac65 is the matte finish but wasn't quite as matte as the YHM if that makes sense.

Buy once, cry once. Your $200 can will be a ~$450 can once the government and your SOT get their fees. Knowing that, I would recommend spending the extra $100-150 on a stainless or titanium silencer that can be cleaned and will be much quieter than a Tac65. Something like an SWR Spectre.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy once, cry once. Your $200 can will be a ~$450 can once the government and your SOT get their fees. Knowing that, I would recommend spending the extra $100-150 on a stainless or titanium silencer that can be cleaned and will be much quieter than a Tac65. Something like an SWR Spectre.</div></div>

Exactly. While people say "Buy once, cry once." This is especially true for a can because you are paying $200 for the tax stamp and you are basically stuck with the can at that point.

And with a 22, you really need a cleanable model. A sealed version will sound better... at first... and eventually it will get leaded and lose performance. It needs to come apart for cleaning.

I bought a tac65 last year. After my stamp came in I got to hear an Apex from innovative arms and immediately regretted my tac65 purchase. My tac65 is an absolute BITCH to clean.

While I'm delighted with my Spectre (2 years old now), it weighs nearly 9oz.
I think my friend's TAC-65 is like 3oz. It don't that much different.

If weight is important to you, there are plenty of SS .22 cans that come apart for cleaning and are lighter, like the AAC Element or SilencerCo Sparrow.

I went through the same decision and decided on the Spectre as well. Love it and very quiet. Like stated, spend the extra money up front since you have to pay the $200 stamp price.

I just posted about my experience with the Spectre today. It does cost a bit more than $200-$250 but, it's an Awesome little can. You can read my post as a judge for justifying the extra cash. You won't regret it. See the SWR Spectre, NC22 and Ruger 22/45 PAC-Lite post. As previously said, buy once, cry once. don't buy cheap, you'll regret it.

The YHM Mite and the T.I. TAC65 are the two most common cans for that price range.

One can I'd give SERIOUS consideration is Silencerco's aluminum Sparrow. They have upgraded the can to SS this year, and we've got some of the aluminum versions from last year that we're now selling for $275. That's a SMOKIN' deal for a can that had an MSRP of $450 just 6 months ago! It's a GREAT .22 suppressor and will be far superior to any .22 can that is normally in the price range you listed.

Bryon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The YHM Mite and the T.I. TAC65 are the two most common cans for that price range.

One can I'd give SERIOUS consideration is Silencerco's aluminum Sparrow. They have upgraded the can to SS this year, and we've got some of the aluminum versions from last year that we're now selling for $275. That's a SMOKIN' deal for a can that had an MSRP of $450 just 6 months ago! It's a GREAT .22 suppressor and will be far superior to any .22 can that is normally in the price range you listed.

Bryon </div></div>

What he said. I bought a YHM Mite to save a few bucks and wish I hadn't. I now am awaiting my SS Sparrow to clear the ATF. It is a much quieter, better designed can and so is the aluminum version. Buy once, cry once.

Just bought my first 2 suppressors from Bryon (MAJ MALFUNCTION) and I bought the Aluminum SilencerCo Sparrow. Seems like a great can for the price! Still awaiting paperwork and such before I can get my hands on them...