• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 22lr can?

ejd049

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
Ft Worth, Texas
Can I get some recommendations on a can for 10/22 and a Sig? I am trying to get the most bang for the buck. I am leaning towards the AAC Aviator or Pilot.

Thanks

Re: 22lr can?

If thinking can for pistol only, I'd try to go as light as possible. I'm sure others will chime in here, but I was thinking had on a Gemtech Outback II recently because of the weight.

It can't be taken apart to be cleaned, but I wouldn't think I'd be putting 10,000 rds through it on a pistol.

[img:center]IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2ihrzux.jpg[/img][/img] [img:left]
2r4o21i.jpg
[/img]

Jason,

That was my thinking as well. I did my research and I decided to order a Gemtech Outback II for my Walther P22. I believe it would also work quite well on the Sig. If self cleaning is a concern, there is a company on the Hide that will clean and modify it so it can be taken apart by the owner later. Just another option if that is important to some one.

AWC archangel here w/1000s thru it rifle & pistol, as quiet as my integrals.

I'm leaning heavily towards a AWC Raider,mainly for my AR,but also for a 77/22 for varmints in the orchard,minimal use on a 22LR bolt gun.I was going to go with the Integral 77/22,but at $1400 I'll switch to a threaded barrel on the 77.

Our Checkmate thread mount hybrid weighs 6 ounces, is 6.325" long, and is as quiet as an AAC pilot. It comes apart with $13 worth of tools, and if you have an 18" .22WMR it's compatible with and rated for that.

Cost is $325. <less than the pilot. The baffle core is one part and stainless steel.

For $25 more than the pilot we offer a silencer that snaps onto the host weapon attached barrel coupler and shares most of the positive attributes listed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It can't be taken apart to be cleaned, but I wouldn't think I'd be putting 10,000 rds through it on a pistol. </div></div>

I've had my SWR Spectre for a bit less than three months and have gone through nearly two cases of .22 with it (10K rounds) as I use it on both a Ruger Mk-II and a Sako Quad. If I have done that in less than 12 weeks, I'm pretty sure that it will need to keep going well into 2010 to keep me happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It can't be taken apart to be cleaned, but I wouldn't think I'd be putting 10,000 rds through it on a pistol. </div></div>

I've had my SWR Spectre for a bit less than three months and have gone through nearly two cases of .22 with it (10K rounds) as I use it on both a Ruger Mk-II and a Sako Quad. If I have done that in less than 12 weeks, I'm pretty sure that it will need to keep going well into 2010 to keep me happy. </div></div>

Did you take it apart to clean it? How bad does it really get on the inside? Maybe I should weigh my Warlock... see how heavy it's getting over time.
wink.gif

I have an Outback II and have a Spectre on transfer. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have bought a sealed can like the Outback II (and won't again for a .22). It is so much fun shooting a .22 suppressed that you will shoot more than you expect--Sealed cans are tough to clean. If it is for a rifle, look at the Spectre. If you are worried about weight, look at the Sparrow--the baffles are inside a sleeve that slides into the can tube (the registered part).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Did you take it apart to clean it? How bad does it really get on the inside?</div></div>

I've not taken either of my Spectre's apart yet. I probably should have but my schedule has been pretty full and it just never seems to happen. I've not noticed any increase in noise level but whenever I go to shoot it, one box turns into at least one brick - every single time!