• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.22lr compensator effect on accuracy?

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
I purchased a 22lr Semi-auto rifle with a threaded barrel since I live in NY I have to get something which isn’t a flash hider permanently attached. The rifle already comes with a thread protector, but I am not sure if I want to get that attached since it is kind of tacky and useless. So the question is will a compensator adversely affect accuracy. Some people seem to think it will, which sound like BS to be but I would like to know for sure. I would also appreciate suggestions on muzzle devices. I am not really thrilled about the compensator idea so if there are any exotic muzzle attachments floating around I would like to know.

Re: .22lr compensator effect on accuracy?

Doesn't sound like a real accurate rifle to begin with, so even if there was an effect, it would be negligible.

As for other attachments, get a barrel tuner or a bloop tube.

When ever you make a change to the barrel, it will change the harmonics. It may shoot better, or, it may shoot worse. The only way to tell for sure is to try it.
I've changed brakes on a couple of my .223s, and even though it changed the point of impact, it didn't change my group sizes.

I use a Tacsol compensator on my 10/22 and it shoots quite well with it. That being said its more of a looks thing for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300winman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Tacsol compensator on my 10/22 and it shoots quite well with it. That being said its more of a looks thing for me </div></div>
+1 Mine shoots lights out with the TacSol on or off. I keep the TacSol on vs. a "normal" thread protector only because of the looks.

I have noticed some on the .320" flash suppressor (normal .223 type) that some .22 ARs has accuracy is worse.
If you plain barrel, should be best.
I have bored to .400 can help for FS.