• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22LR ELR IN TEXAS

TEXFIRE%$&

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2020
Montgomery, Texas
I am interested in shooting 22LR ELR
Does anyone have any info on where to shoot or where to find it? I’d like to stay in Texas to start out.
Thanks

I believe North Texas Rimfire League in Valley View offers that. I would reach out to @mulish as it's his range! :D

We are setting up our schedule for our long-range matches right now. We will have it posted in the next few days, here is our Facebook page you can keep up with all the different 22LR matches we hold, it is a public page so you do not have to belong to Facebook to look at it.
We are having a range day this Sunday January 1st from 11:00 to 2:00 if you want to come out and get some long range dope for your gun fee is $30. Valley view Texas 76272

North Texas Rimfire League – Rimfire PRS

Reactions: nikonNUT
We are setting up our schedule for our long-range matches right now. We will have it posted in the next few days, here is our Facebook page you can keep up with all the different 22LR matches we hold, it is a public page so you do not have to belong to Facebook to look at it.
We are having a range day this Sunday January 1st from 11:00 to 2:00 if you want to come out and get some long range dope for your gun fee is $30. Valley view Texas 76272

North Texas Rimfire League – Rimfire PRS
Thank you very much!

I drive down from Lawton, OK every month to shoot his matches. We "always" go out to 400 yards and he is working on getting the 500 yard targets to be easier to "read" hits.

There is always a spare rifle, oft times both a RH and a LH one is available

Everyone involved is friendly and really wants you to do well.

I drive down from Lawton, OK every month to shoot his matches. We "always" go out to 400 yards and he is working on getting the 500 yard targets to be easier to "read" hits.

There is always a spare rifle, oft times both a RH and a LH one is available

Everyone involved is friendly and really wants you to do well.
Thank you. Sounds like a great opportunity to go long. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: nikonNUT

Here's a quarterly 22X match in south tx. Last one was out to 400yds, might have been 450. Mostly 150+yd targets.
Next match is January 22nd
I travel through that area on occasion for work, will keep an eye out on their match schedule, thanks for sharing. While looking up Chicken Creek on FB, I found Riggs Ranch .22 Range based on the following link but couldn't find much more about them. https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/c/183/riggs-ranch-22-range/ There is also http://cccshootingcomplex.com/ that I believe hosts PRS type of matches, I assume if you were a member you could lob .22lr as far as you could on their 500 yard range. I'm in the Houston area, closest place for me to shoot beyond 200 yards is https://americanshootingcenters.com/the-ranges/

Reactions: x2cross
I travel through that area on occasion for work, will keep an eye out on their match schedule, thanks for sharing. While looking up Chicken Creek on FB, I found Riggs Ranch .22 Range based on the following link but couldn't find much more about them. https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/c/183/riggs-ranch-22-range/ There is also http://cccshootingcomplex.com/ that I believe hosts PRS type of matches, I assume if you were a member you could lob .22lr as far as you could on their 500 yard range. I'm in the Houston area, closest place for me to shoot beyond 200 yards is https://americanshootingcenters.com/the-ranges/
Thank you! I am in the Lake Conroe area and have shot PRS with Texas Precision at CCC. Great place. Good people.
More interested in ELR. Working toward centerfire but enjoy my 22 and would like to start with that before jumping straight into CF. We need more ELR matches in Texas!
Good info. Thanks for your help.

Thank you! I am in the Lake Conroe area and have shot PRS with Texas Precision at CCC. Great place. Good people.
More interested in ELR. Working toward centerfire but enjoy my 22 and would like to start with that before jumping straight into CF. We need more ELR matches in Texas!
Good info. Thanks for your help.
My parents live on the lake, I'll try to remember to give you a shout the next time I head up that way as I'd like to shoot a match at CCC.

I shoot Riggs Ranch matches pretty regularly, didn't list it because its not ELR.
PRS -style outlaw matches usually just a bit past 100yds. Challenging props, and always a good meal afterwards. Match Director is Owner of Crossroads Precision in Victoria

Reactions: jetcycles
I also shoot Riggs Ranch. I really like it.
Shot Chicken creek in October, shots from 50 to 400.
Riggs has dirt berms to spot your misses. ^0-110 yards. Chiken creek doesn't have dirt berms so missing can be super frustrating.

My parents live on the lake, I'll try to remember to give you a shout the next time I head up that way as I'd like to shoot a match at CCC.
Are you into PRS? It’s a well run and fun match. I really enjoyed them, but my knees told me they didn’t like the positional stuff.
I also shoot Riggs Ranch. I really like it.
Shot Chicken creek in October, shots from 50 to 400.
Riggs has dirt berms to spot your misses. ^0-110 yards. Chiken creek doesn't have dirt berms so missing can be super frustrating.
good info. Thank you!

At North Texas Rimfire League. (NTxR) we're running long range match from 150 yards to 400 yards. The shooter can use the bench or go prone it is his choice. We will be testing some hit indicator lights this weekend and maybe stretching the range out to 450 and 500.

Do y’all plan on monthly ELR matches?
They will be every other month.

You might like our TYL match also. We shoot from 50 yards to 275 yards. Target racks from large to small at each distance. Shooter May use the bench or go prone.

They will be every other month.

You might like our TYL match also. We shoot from 50 yards to 275 yards. Target racks from large to small at each distance. Shooter May use the bench or go prone.
One month is the tyl match and the next month is the long range match

One of the best places around to shoot 22lr is the North Texas Rimfire League range in Valley View.

Goes to distance, and mulish changes things up frequently, and no matter what, safety comes first and foremost.

Worth the visit. I'll be out there tomorrow.

Reactions: mulish
We had quite a few out today with three of us playing with the new T1000 hit indicators at 400-, 450, and 500-yards. They work well - when we do our part!

We had quite a few out today with three of us playing with the new T1000 hit indicators at 400-, 450, and 500-yards. They work well - when we do our part!
The flashers were awesome Don thank you they will be fun to play with in the future

ELR vs PRS style shooting would be interesting. My mobility kinda sucks. Valley View definitely a nice place to shoot PRS style matchs. Want to try out the TYL matchs now too.

ELR vs PRS style shooting would be interesting. My mobility kinda sucks. Valley View definitely a nice place to shoot PRS style matchs. Want to try out the TYL matchs now too.
I understand. I was shooting PRS and my knee let me know it didn’t like the positional stuff down low. ELR is an interesting challenge for me. That is the direction I’m going. I can shoot 200 yds w my .22 at home and it’s good cheap wind practice. Looking forward to building a CF to shoot longer.

Today, was much better compared to Jan 1 out to 500yds. We weren't hitting it every time by any means, but I think we are building up some level of consistency. The wind holds were anywhere from 3-7Mil out there today.

I'm going to add another 20MOA Sphur mount, above my 50MOA rail. I should still be able to zero out to 50, abd have no holds out to 500. Was holding 4Mil in Elevation, but have more room in the turret.

ZCO 527 in 6001 Spuhr with an Area 419 50 MOA rail at the moment. I’ve got a 6602 going on this week.

9D166876-2F6E-4923-8806-62FCE99E6687.jpeg

With the current setup, I’m at 27 mil.

I'm running a 60MOA rail, JP Enterprises 1.5" one-piece mount, and the Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36x56. I'm zeroed at 50yards and have 33.3 mils of elevation available. I dialed for the 500 yard target and was holding 2-6.5 mils of wind. I never hit more than 4 targets in a row, and my best was 7 out of 10. I managed several 5 or 6 of 10. Senior had lights on the 400, 450, and 500 yard targets. Great times.

We will definitely be holding a 22 ELR match at NTxR in valley view Texas. Don, John ,Wayne and I are still trying to finalize the match parameters. We will most likely be shooting from 200 yards to 500 yards and we will have one target set out at 511 to try and break the record.

I'm running a 60MOA rail, JP Enterprises 1.5" one-piece mount, and the Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36x56. I'm zeroed at 50yards and have 33.3 mils of elevation available. I dialed for the 500 yard target and was holding 2-6.5 mils of wind. I never hit more than 4 targets in a row, and my best was 7 out of 10. I managed several 5 or 6 of 10. Senior had lights on the 400, 450, and 500 yard targets. Great times.
How big are the targets at 400, 450 and 500?

Reactions: TEXFIRE%$&
At this point in time 400 yards is a 12-in plate 450 yd is a 16 inch plate and 500 yd is a 20-in plate

Reactions: ma smith
At this point in time 400 yards is a 12-in plate 450 yd is a 16 inch plate and 500 yd is a 20-in plate
Pretty tough, but doable.
I had 8 out of ten at 400 yards. Chicken Creek in October. I do not know the target size. Tied for first on that stage. Ended up 23rd out of 30.

I've only shot to 450. We use a car hood as a backer ans a 24 inch plate as a target. With Tenex, once I find steel I can pound it, but with any wind at all the first shot or so can just dissapear.

Reactions: mulish
Pretty tough, but doable.
I had 8 out of ten at 400 yards. Chicken Creek in October. I do not know the target size. Tied for first on that stage. Ended up 23rd out of 30.

I've only shot to 450. We use a car hood as a backer ans a 24 inch plate as a target. With Tenex, once I find steel I can pound it, but with any wind at all the first shot or so can just dissapear.
I think it’s a 24” plate. Or maybe 16”. I can’t remember. Wind on that range can be tricky though.