• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22Lr optics choice for spikes conversion

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
I am looking for some advice here. ive done some research and have some ideas.

I have a 16in spikes 22lr conversion that i plan on using out to 200yds in some matches and i need a scope for it.

im looking for something with turrets and 8-10x max zoom.

i was going to run a 1-4 but i coulnt find one with turrets, or one that i liked in my price range, looking to spend $300max preferably less.

currently im looking at a Nikon and 2-7 burris fullfied tactical

just looking for any ideas or suggestions.

Re: 22Lr optics choice for spikes conversion

Using a Weaver Extreme 1.5 x 4.5 x 30mm tube on mine. Just added the Larue SPR 1.5 mount in 30mm and a Troy rear BUIS. Hit everything from 50 yards out to 450 yards.

Thing I like about the Weaver is that the elevation and windage knobs are finger adjustable and can change the zero index by pulling up on the turret, adjusting the zero mark and pushing it down to lock. Got mine from Natchez Shooters Supply for $279.

Glass is clear and box drill was pretty acceptable. Only down side was the reticle is a duplex fine crosshair with an illuminated dot. Can't range but can hold over pretty good with the duplex if you use stuff in the background as sighting points for the crosshairs instead of using the mildots.

just my two cents

Gunfighter

thank gunfighter

i have not seen that scope, and from what it seems they arent making the extreme series anymore, they moved that optic to the grand slam line and currently is $450, nice snag

I would run a Sightron 3-9 SI Mil-dot with a 150yd ZERO, this will let you do holds from 25-200yds with in the 10 Mils.

The 25-125yds will be a hold under, and 150 to 200yds are hold overs.

John