• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 22LR what would work on a 5.56?

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
Am thinking about another suppressor but would like to be able to use on a 22lr rifle as well as a bolt 223/ is there anything that can be used that way. Looked somewhat and all LRs just show rimfire no centerfire.. thanks sTAn

Griffin also makes the Optimus Micro which is a rimfire can capable of shooting centerfire where as the other two are centerfire cans capable of shooting rimfire.

If your not blasting hundreds of rounds of .22lr through it you can use any rifle can. I use my 30 cal can on my cz455. I don’t shoot more than 20rds then I shoot some 6.5 through it to blow whatever carbon deposit out. Been doing that for years and no issues. Only going to work on rifles though / no dice on pistols. If you do this make sure your bullets are stabilizing first lol. I run CCI quiet and all you hear is the firing pin drop.

I've had the same thought but figured the size of a 5.56 can compared to a .22 LR can would make the 5.56 can heavy on a .22.

My wish list by caliber is:
.22 LR
.45 Pistol
.300 WM

My wallet says no.

Been using a 5.56 rated suppressor 90% of the time on a 22lr. Figure out what method of cleaning you prefer and clean it every X amount of rounds. Mine weighs 1 pound, so on a pistol its front heavy, don't really notice the weight on the rifle

I use my Paladin .300 on a 4.5" 22lr AR-15 upper and it's as quiet, if not quieter, than my dedicated rimfire can. Obviously it's alot heavier, but on that particular gun it's not an issue.

Reactions: Kansas_Born
I have had a Optimus micro for a while now and can say that it's a pretty nifty can that works well on 223 or 22lr. I was actually blown away by it's performance on a Mausingfield 223 bolt rifle I have. I didn't expect it to be so quiet due to the volume, but it's just as quiet as anything else I have. It's a touch heavier than my other rimfire cans, but you don't notice it on a rifle and I've never tried it on a pistol.

I have a short write up with some pics somewhere on here if you search.

Reactions: Winchester59
I’m not into the wait
Same here, I'd pay $400 for a stamp if it cut my wait down to a month. I'm no baller, but a year is worth way more to me than $200.

The Optimus Micro was specifically designed for the OP's requirements, and the reviews are good, so that's what I'd go for. Anyone whose into suppressors really should spring for a dedicated rimfire can, they are small, cheap and suppress to near Hollywood levels. After cleaning all of the lead out if my Sparrow several times, I would never shoot lead of any kind in my sealed cans. The dip gets a lot of the lead out, but some manual removal is usually still required.