• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 230 jhp test into beef brisket / wet phone book

rweaver00geo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
benton il
230gr jhp purchased in bulk off gunbroker from seller MPS28105 reloaded with 5.6gr of Clays Universal (~844fps) Shot out of a Springfield 1991 GI at 15 feet into a beef brisket backed up with wet phone books. The brisket had a hole in the cryo bag and went bad before I noticed it.

all4.jpg

3mushrooms.jpg

Re: 230 jhp test into beef brisket / wet phone book

What was the temperature of the brisket, and the room temperature?

Do you condon shooting tasty meat? Did you eat it afterwards with a fine meal, followed by two fingers of scotch and a fine cigar? If not then, why not?

I didnt think to bring the camera wish I would have sorry, the brisket was about 3" thick and it was followed by 2 feet of wet phonebooks. I didnt think to measure the penetration but it went thru 2-3 very thick phonebooks. I changed some out as they got shredded and moved the brisket around as needed. The brisket when I held it up looked like swiss cheese. I also tried this into gallons of water and it mushroomed even better but I had jacket seperation 2 out of 3 times.

The brisket went bad before the ex date, the hole in the bag caused a black spot. Brisket is tasty but I didnt want to chance it. I did it outside and Id say it was ambient temp around 75 deg, I didnt break a sweat all day.