• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

24 Hours of LeMans is on....

100 year anniversary this year, Ferrari in front for now. Impressive to keep something that highly stressed together for 24 hrs. Unfortunately, along with Dakar and other epic events, overshadowed in the media by cars that can only turn one way and other bollocks…
I remember watching it in the 50's on a little B&W TV. It wasnt in real time because ot time differences and sometimes coverage would be interrupted by glitches, but it was new and WOW. Same with the Olympics.

^^^^Toyota was #2, but for the last several years they dominated LeMans until Ferrari pulled this off, but Caddy took 3 and 4 positions and Corvette won their class for the 9th time and this is the end of C8r. I like the fact I can watch it for hours then go to bed and finish in the morning LOL........

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
^^^^Toyota was #2, but for the last several years they dominated LeMans until Ferrari pulled this off, but Caddy took 3 and 4 positions and Corvette won their class for the 9th time and this is the end of C8r. I like the fact I can watch it for hours then go to bed and finish in the morning LOL........

One of the favorite races I ever went to was 24 hours of Daytona. For just that reason.

What a total blast!

Sirhr

Reactions: mewillis
One of the favorite races I ever went to was 24 hours of Daytona. For just that reason.

What a total blast!

Sirhr
Sebring is the same for me I live a couple hours away. Drive there watch for a few hours, leave the track and have lunch followed by a few hours into the night for the red hot pipes and brakes light show and then home to finish the race. Good times for sure........

One of our customers and friend is Joey Hand from the Sacramento area and was one of the drivers who won the 2016 GT class at LeMans against Ferrari after the 50 year anniversary of their first sweep against them.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/06/19/ford-wins-le-mans.html
  • No. 68 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT of Sébastien Bourdais, Joey Hand and Dirk Müller takes victory in LM GTE Pro category
  • Victory comes exactly 50 years on from Ford’s 1-2-3 victory at Le Mans in 1966
  • No. 69 Ford GT finishes on the podium in third place
  • The Ford vs. Ferrari battle is rekindled at Le Mans
1500103893405.jpg

Le-Mans-podium-2016.jpg

Super cool guy, I have a bunch of autographed memorabilia for my boys. - Richard

Sebring is the same for me I live a couple hours away. Drive there watch for a few hours, leave the track and have lunch followed by a few hours into the night for the red hot pipes and brakes light show and then home to finish the race. Good times for sure........
I love the Sebring 12hr race. A friend and I went a few years in a row when we lived in Ft Myers. Some day I want to take my kids to meet up with him and his kids. Hopefully we’ll be able to make it happen at a time when all our kids are interested in something like this

Reactions: mewillis
One of our customers and friend is Joey Hand from the Sacramento area and was one of the drivers who won the 2016 GT class at LeMans against Ferrari after the 50 year anniversary of their first sweep against them.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/06/19/ford-wins-le-mans.html
  • No. 68 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT of Sébastien Bourdais, Joey Hand and Dirk Müller takes victory in LM GTE Pro category
  • Victory comes exactly 50 years on from Ford’s 1-2-3 victory at Le Mans in 1966
  • No. 69 Ford GT finishes on the podium in third place
  • The Ford vs. Ferrari battle is rekindled at Le Mans
1500103893405.jpg

Le-Mans-podium-2016.jpg

Super cool guy, I have a bunch of autographed memorabilia for my boys. - Richard

I have a pair of these signed for my boys... (Should have made it #68 for the 2016 car)

91AIneJs47L._AC_SL1500_.jpg