• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

24 secs to load a page?

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    I'm assuming since last night everyone else is taking around 24 secs to load a page or any button click at this point?

Re: 24 secs to load a page?

Not quite that long here, but close.

Lot's of misfires today too, as in needing to click something two or three times to get it to start opening.

This site's the only one doing it so it's not my computer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm assuming since last night everyone else is taking around 24 secs to load a page or any button click at this point?</div></div>

About 20 seconds here...!!
    Be back later

Yep, kinda slowwwwwwwwwwwww today. New server needs to hit the nitrous button. Also it is not showing the streaming ads. I have not changed my settings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This site's the only one doing it so it's not my computer.

</div></div>

Same here.
    It's pitifully slow.

Thought it was my computer, did a defrag, chkdsk,clean up all no help, this is the only site That I am having this slooooow to load.

22 seconds to load the site from my IPhone 4S. At first I thought maybe it was my bullshit service, but this is the only site that is slow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They did site maintenance last night, I am guessing it will be worked out soon.

</div></div>

Funny, isn't it, how "site maintenance" always frigs up the system....kinda contradictory actually.

I cant access this site by any of my 3 browsers (FF, Chrome, IE), even on my phone its a no go.

Have tired everything I can think of. Only way I can get on here is by using a tunnel browser (vtunnel)

Any ideas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant access this site by any of my 3 browsers (FF, Chrome, IE), even on my phone its a no go.

Have tired everything I can think of. Only way I can get on here is by using a tunnel browser (vtunnel)

Any ideas? </div></div>

Change your dns address or wait for your isp's to update.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kentucky Jelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant access this site by any of my 3 browsers (FF, Chrome, IE), even on my phone its a no go.

Any ideas? </div></div>

Change your dns address or wait for your isp's to update. </div></div>

Okay, y'all need to speak a little clearer english here.......

The 'Hide was inaccessable for most of last evening, and only came back up just a few minutes ago for me.

Capture4.png

Getting a lot of THIS lately here, so, WTF?

If this "web server" were a rifle I'd wipe some oil on it and dump the bitch at the nearest pawn shop......

I couldn't get online either, glad to be back.. A junkie needs his fix.

Forced me to go troll elsewhere, which simply does not compare to here.

What happened was, the server move fouled up the system completely and the fix required a lot of extra work that basically changed the address of the site for everyone, which required a cycle period to resolve through your computer. This meant a lot of people where kicked off for at least 24 hours and even getting on takes time to cycle through so everything work correctly.

This was not really a volunteer maintenance thing, and they admittedly gave themselves a "D" for the effort as it knocked the site out for a 10 count.

Hopefully things will return to normal over the next 12 hours, I know my house came back on at 3PM and my iPad on the ATT Network not until this morning and even thing, in a bad way.

Sorry for the inconvenience I was in the same boat wondering what they hell they did to my site that was working one minute and dead the next. To include them calling about small things that hiccuped and me having no answer but, "It all worked fine until you touched it"

Give it a day, if you still have problems let me know, especially if they are still around come Saturday Morning / Monday ...

Everything seems to be fine on my end now, works on all my devices.

Shit happens, no big deal. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt something that I needed to do on my end to get it back.

30 seconds or longer PER PAGE LOAD here!

Whatever they did to 'streamline' the server .... made it worse!

It has taken me 30 minutes to search 4 topics and reply to 1.

I will say that the site was inaccessible for me for the past few days. However, now it takes me 30 seconds to do ANYTHING. Post, browse, enter a forum heading, topic ... it all has the same result.

It IS a lot better for me now. I'm wondering if site traffic has anything to do with it. It could just be a server bandwidth issue.

It is a new world when we can't get the forum to work in a milliseconds time. Getting knocked off for a day is a pretty small price to pay for a site like this. (free)
    smile.gif

Well, it wasn't supposed to be like that, and the guys who manage the place are a bit sick over it.

We are definitely a stretch on their resources and they are not hammering me over it, but in their quest to give me a little better performance a few things fell down and now it is a scramble to get it back to not only normal but faster, because I am pegging the bandwidth and resource needle every month, to the point of needing a custom plan because I am at the max of the current enterprise level.

Just curious as an ISP IT guy myself, what kind of bandwidth do you pull on an average night?

Frank, I wonder some times if everyone that quotes something copying all the pics and stuff over and over help push the limit up.

It's really a PIA to see the same pics over and over replied to anyways. Maybe an option that just lets you quote the text will save some headaches.

Just a thought from someone who really knows nothing about the cause of the issue!!

so is all well for everybody now, cuz i can log on and over about 20 to 30 minutes it starts to go bad. Some pages never down load and others take a bunch of time. I shut down and bring it back up and it cures it for a bit but....

Just wondering whats what.