• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2400 for 10mm?

Re: 2400 for 10mm?

180 XTP @ 1.245"
12.5gr 2400
Taper crimp
Starline brass
Win LPm primer

I forgot another one:

200XTP @ 1.245"
11.0gr 2400
Taper crimp
Staline Brass
Win LPm primer

It's not quite balls to the wall, but it shoots nicely from my stock G20.

2400's a tad too slow to get top end performance from the 10mm, but should work in there. If you want to stick to the Alliant line, Blue Dot is a better choice, and very well suited to the 10mm. Accurate and capable of very high velocities, it was the standard test powder for accuracy QC testing in Sierra's range for many years.

Great cartridge, and a real pleasure to work with.

There is one powder to rule them all in 10mm:

IMR 800X

Look no further.

That's all well and good, but um no powder anywhere... I am trying to work with what I got. Thanks boham!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is one powder to rule them all in 10mm:

IMR 800X

Look no further. </div></div>

I disagree. For me it's all about longshot.

My favorite in 10mm is BlueDot but over the past couple of years I've been putting a pound of this and a pound of that on the shelf just in case something like what we're experiencing now happened.

Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, Unique, B/eye, 2400, 700X and 800X are all useful.

I have all of the above and shot all of the above from my 10mm, some obviously work better than others. But the kicker is that I have options, even the worst of them (Red Dot with heavy bullets sucks) is still plenty to defend myself and my home if the need truly arises.

OP: Anytime, let me know if you have other questions, I have a LOT of 10 data that I can share.