• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2403-yard shot on a can of red bull, sounds like a load of bull.

It's got to be hard to even see a can that size at over 1.3 miles, probably looks like a spec of dust... hitting it would only be by accident. :p

Reactions: FALex
Not a whole lot of info and context provided in that video "short", but I have an inkling that it didn't go exactly how it was presented...

Reactions: wildcats
I mean if it was a can of Dinty Moore at a mile maybe......

1697139498012.jpeg

Not a whole lot of info and context provided in that video "short", but I have an inkling that it didn't go exactly how it was presented...
Yeah, he's really kind of smug and dismissive in his videos. And the lack of detail just makes it more suspicious.
You would think he would list out load info, atmospherics, specifics about the rifle, chamber, trigger, optics, etc... but nothing, just a showoff video.

There is this jem also.

I agree, it's a bit "ninja-y" - I guess it's designed for military applications where if an optic gets damaged in the middle of nowhere, you are in trouble. What practical use that has for those situations I have no real idea.

But for regular consumers/shooters, it's definitely a bit "ninja-y".

Without him providing any info, I'm just going to assume he either lobbed 639,058 bullets before he had an impact.

Or...

He shot it at a few hundred yards and got an impact after a few shots...

Either way, the video being shared here is what keeps him internet "famous".

Yeah, he's really kind of smug and dismissive in his videos. And the lack of detail just makes it more suspicious.
You would think he would list out load info, atmospherics, specifics about the rifle, chamber, trigger, optics, etc... but nothing, just a showoff video.

There is this jem also.

I have to wonder why he gets under your skin so much.

There is this jem also.

There is no fucking way that is real. He says after the first one that he could see it was 2" low. How much scope would it take to see a bullet hole at 500 on paper? I could understand seeing a splash on steel at that distance, but not a bullet hole, especially without a shoot-N-see.

There is no fucking way that is real. He says after the first one that he could see it was 2" low. How much scope would it take to see a bullet hole at 500 on paper? I could understand seeing a splash on steel at that distance, but not a bullet hole, especially without a shoot-N-see.
Can see a bullet hole very easy at 1000 yards with the right scope.

Seriously, what scope? Does a 7-35 have the resolution to do that? Seeing bullet holes at 100 with my PMII is definitely a normal thing, but I wouldn't call it easy, and I don't think I'd ever be able to see a hole in a paper target at 500 in any conditions. I have never tried it because once things get that far away, I shoot steel.

On a separate note, here's the other thing I noticed with that video. He says right off the start that he's already "dialed in" onto steel at 500. So now he's gonna just shoot a group on paper. But after saying that, he immediately adjusts both his elevation turret and his parallax significantly. Why would he take the dope off the rifle after getting onto steel, but before shooting the group? Sure looks like that rifle engaged something much closer before the video began. Just an observation.

Seriously, what scope? Does a 7-35 have the resolution to do that? Seeing bullet holes at 100 with my PMII is definitely a normal thing, but I wouldn't call it easy, and I don't think I'd ever be able to see a hole in a paper target at 500 in any conditions. I have never tried it because once things get that far away, I shoot steel.

On a separate note, here's the other thing I noticed with that video. He says right off the start that he's already "dialed in" onto steel at 500. So now he's gonna just shoot a group on paper. But after saying that, he immediately adjusts both his elevation turret and his parallax significantly. Why would he take the dope off the rifle after getting onto steel, but before shooting the group? Sure looks like that rifle engaged something much closer before the video began. Just an observation.
Absolutely positively no doubt the guy is full of shit and a liar

How is it even possible, that none of you, have even sent me an email? Not a single question. Do all of you just assume that someone looked into it? The smoothness of the brains here blow my mind.

Elect a representative, shoot me an email, shoot me a phone call. I can answer these questions, I'm not opposed to it. A YouTube short it's just not the place to do it. 6 million people are not interested in my ES. I would even fire up a live stream, and talk about it if someone wished. Pretty much anytime any day after 3:30 Mountain time. (Shift change) aka when the wife takes over watching the kids.

Reactions: kc0yef

I don't think I could claim to remember exactly right, but something along the lines of I took a couple shots at the 2 3 and 400 yard Steel, then 500 yd, with the reticle. Hold over. I zoomed way into 40 power to observe the hit at 500 yards, which throws parallax out. Of course just to observe, I was adjusting Parallax for clarity only. Then when I went to shoot the groups, I actually put the adjustment in the scope, actually set the parallax, then shot the group.

IOR Valdada 5-40x56 40mm tube. Not too sure I'm thrilled with it, but I love that giant picture with the 40mm tube. As well as what I'm capable of getting from it as far as dialing elevation, and the chromatic aberration is dead nuts. But it is a little brown, a little dark. Still prefer it to my a tacker, but I think I might break into the next class of optics for my next rifle. I do need some new glass on my 416. Any recommendations?

What's the right scope? I can just barely begin to see a group, at 1,000 yards. If I squint real f****** hard, use my imagination a little bit, and make sure I'm at the range where my elevation is like 14,000 ft..... for anyone following along, that means I can't.

I agree, it's a bit "ninja-y" - I guess it's designed for military applications where if an optic gets damaged in the middle of nowhere, you are in trouble. What practical use that has for those situations I have no real idea.

But for regular consumers/shooters, it's definitely a bit "ninja-y".
4 things.
- It protects the $4200 scope, from the 37 lb rifle. I am not gentle with my things. And my vehicle is literally too small to carry the case.
- I have a little bungee attached to my Charlie tarac, attaches to the scope armor. You know, so if I screw up something it doesn't go rolling down the mountain side.
- it's a great platform for my Kydex rain shield, when I'm shooting in the rain or the snow, gives me a little awning so no water gets in the scope, on the dials, or in the action.
- it looks tits

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
@Overton Windex

Thanks for joining up. You have noticed the obvious skepticism shared here and have joined the fun. What are the details of your setup and load? A f-ing Red Bull can at over 2000 yards is a real accomplishment, certainly beyond my abilities. Give us a little background and bring us up to speed to help dispel our criticism.

I don't think I could claim to remember exactly right, but something along the lines of I took a couple shots at the 2 3 and 400 yard Steel, then 500 yd, with the reticle. Hold over. I zoomed way into 40 power to observe the hit at 500 yards, which throws parallax out. Of course just to observe, I was adjusting Parallax for clarity only. Then when I went to shoot the groups, I actually put the adjustment in the scope, actually set the parallax, then shot the group.

IOR Valdada 5-40x56 40mm tube. Not too sure I'm thrilled with it, but I love that giant picture with the 40mm tube. As well as what I'm capable of getting from it as far as dialing elevation, and the chromatic aberration is dead nuts. But it is a little brown, a little dark. Still prefer it to my a tacker, but I think I might break into the next class of optics for my next rifle. I do need some new glass on my 416. Any recommendations?
Kudos to you for coming on here to defend the videos. I remain a skeptic, but am open minded. Tell us about the rifle.

ZCO 527 or 840

@Overton Windex

Thanks for joining up. You have noticed the obvious skepticism shared here and have joined the fun. What are the details of your setup and load? A f-ing Red Bull can at over 2000 yards is a real accomplishment, certainly beyond my abilities. Give us a little background and bring us up to speed to help dispel our criticism.
It's a variation of a mirage ulr chassis, Anvil bipod, can't remember who makes the break, i o r valdata crusader, blueprinted Tac 338 action on the best of three barrels I have. Ibi 34 in chambered with my dies, which are minimum Sammy spec. Jewel, or jim? Can't remember Pro Comp trigger at 0.8 Oz.
My best loads are in Lapua brass, turned and trimmed and uniformed after first firing. 1.5 thou neck tension, 300 grain Hornady atips, and the good loads that I used in the video, that round was ramshot LRT. Just found rotumbo... much excite...
105.5 grains of that LRT, 3044 FPS with an extreme spread of two. Yes, two. Obviously did the entire powder load tuning and overall length tuning. Not that this is relevant to literally anything except for my gun, but I am 26 thou of jam. My Barrel is throated for these 300 grain atips at this length. Magazine capacity is 4.050. Uhhhh... what am I missing? After uniforming primer Pockets I have six thousands of pressure on the CCI 250s. I sort of sort bullets and primers by weight, I just eliminate the extreme 10%. I think that is completely pointless. Not sure though. My powder node is 0. 6 grain wide, loading in the middle of course. My overall length node is 8 thou wide, loading at the top six. I keep my Barrel glass clean. I really never fire more than six or seven between cleanings, I really never fire more than two or three shots on a range day. Unless it's at the actual range, I'll go through like 20 but it gets inconsistent. Make sure to treat with lockease graphite suspended in alcohol after cleaning for no cold bore shift! Obviously also easier to clean. I do not tip the atips, but I do for the 300 grain Burger otm hybrids.

I don't know why you guys want to know these things. As you may or may not know, it is completely rifle specific. None of this data does you any good.

How many shots to hit the can?
1. I've made shots like this before, in the whole point was to capture it on video. It was going to be a cold bore no matter what. I had seven of my dead nuts loads left, I was prepared to go out seven different days to attempt a cold bore seven different times. It happened on the first one. Was it lucky? Yeah. Was it luck? No.

This guy seems like the asshat I met at the gunshop yesterday who told me he won a benchrest match with his Sig Cross in 6.5 Creedmoor and that the 6.5 Creedmoor had a better BC than any 6mm.
You need to get a f****** life and stop talking to people at gun shops. That's the place to go for the smoothest brains on earth. Had a guy at one when I was looking for primers, tell me about how he takes out Whitetail at 900 yards all the time with his 50 BMG. Quick question always gets them, what's your sd? Yeah. Didn't know what that was. Doubt.

1. I've made shots like this before, in the whole point was to capture it on video. It was going to be a cold bore no matter what. I had seven of my dead nuts loads left, I was prepared to go out seven different days to attempt a cold bore seven different times. It happened on the first one. Was it lucky? Yeah. Was it luck? No.
Wind? Temp? Humidity? Baro?

@Overton Windex

Oh, I'd like to point out also that this is a miracle of a spot. It's the best one by far I've ever found. Completely laminar flow, from the wind. Max ordinate all the way down to the dirt. 0 yards all the way out to 2500 yards. The spot, had a lot to do with it. I cut a lot out obviously, the video had to be less than 1 minute, but I shoot in the faster cycle of the wind. So 9 mph. It was shifting from 3.5 to 4 mph to 9 mph, in 41 second cycles. It would hold that 9 mph for 20 seconds. I saw it picking up, that's me looking to the left past the camera, took me three or four seconds to make sure that it was the upper wind cycle and that I was in the 9 mile per hour wind, that's when I said I had the 10 seconds.

Wind? Temp? Humidity? Baro?
When was 9 mph full value, temperature was something like 56 or 7? I don't remember the humidity Barrow density altitude or exact azimuth, though it was basically directly north. Whatever the Kestrel told me... and I've used it since then.

Again, amazing spot, because it's on public land, like three miles? From the 2000 yard Gun Club range I frequent. Did my ballistic coefficient calibrations there, at 2,054 yards.

I've watched a couple of his videos, something just seems off about this guy.
Waaaay too defensive and lacking any modesty of the great shooters I know.

Does that satisfy y'all baby birds? F***. I don't know if impossible is the word but that would have been really tough to get in a one minute video. And I guarantee you it wouldn't have had over 6 million views

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
It's a variation of a mirage ulr chassis, Anvil bipod, can't remember who makes the break, i o r valdata crusader, blueprinted Tac 338 action on the best of three barrels I have. Ibi 34 in chambered with my dies, which are minimum Sammy spec. Jewel, or jim? Can't remember Pro Comp trigger at 0.8 Oz.
My best loads are in Lapua brass, turned and trimmed and uniformed after first firing. 1.5 thou neck tension, 300 grain Hornady atips, and the good loads that I used in the video, that round was ramshot LRT. Just found rotumbo... much excite...
105.5 grains of that LRT, 3044 FPS with an extreme spread of two. Yes, two. Obviously did the entire powder load tuning and overall length tuning. Not that this is relevant to literally anything except for my gun, but I am 26 thou of jam. My Barrel is throated for these 300 grain atips at this length. Magazine capacity is 4.050. Uhhhh... what am I missing? After uniforming primer Pockets I have six thousands of pressure on the CCI 250s. I sort of sort bullets and primers by weight, I just eliminate the extreme 10%. I think that is completely pointless. Not sure though. My powder node is 0. 6 grain wide, loading in the middle of course. My overall length node is 8 thou wide, loading at the top six. I keep my Barrel glass clean. I really never fire more than six or seven between cleanings, I really never fire more than two or three shots on a range day. Unless it's at the actual range, I'll go through like 20 but it gets inconsistent. Make sure to treat with lockease graphite suspended in alcohol after cleaning for no cold bore shift! Obviously also easier to clean. I do not tip the atips, but I do for the 300 grain Burger otm hybrids.

I don't know why you guys want to know these things. As you may or may not know, it is completely rifle specific. None of this data does you any good.
....338LM