• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 ackley wtf

motodog

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
gillette wy
ok trying to make a long story short.243 ai savagela leja barrel 1-10 23inches from reciever to crown.shot some nice groups(under moa@100)with 90 nosler bt.box of 70 smk came with gun so i loaded them up infront of 42grns varget mostly win brass cci reg primer good on p-dogs out to 400 or so.came with 2 boxes 58 hornady vmax loaded them up infront of 44varget shoot tiny group at 100 and 3738fps.dont need to wear my throat that bad so tried 42grn varget shoots crappy at 100 bout 1.5 but a can repetable hit pdogs out around 600.was wondering why they would shoot so bad up close but work so well farther out.the 70smk shoots lights out to all ranges at 3525fps.

Re: 243 ackley wtf

Bullet is not stablelizing. I bet if you shot it at 25 yds. It will look like you stuck a knife in the paper. I fought one for 2 months trying to group at 100. 200 yds is great 100 looks like shotgun blast.

Re: 243 ackley wtf

I wouldn't think it is a stability issue, I shoot 85's out of a 1-12 6mmAI just fine. I would tend to think it may be more of a precessional stability (the bullets wobble around it's own flight path), some bullets tend to need a little more time to "go to sleep" than others, which is why there are some loads that shoot better at over 100yds than they do at 100yds.