• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

243 AI feeding issues

In my experience most feed ramps on production actions need modified to work with the 40* Ackley shoulder.

modified how?

I do it by hand with a Foredom tool,
I make the ramp slightly lower and wider. When feeding from an internal magazine, staggered feed, you need to take down the sharp edges on the left and right of ramp that come off the raceway. Those edges will catch the wide shoulder and deflect the cartridge our of line with the chamber mouth.
You may have better results with an inline feed from a single stack mag, but the magazine may need modified for an Ackley as well. I have worked over several feed ramps for Ackley cartridges to feed from internal magazines, so it can be done repeatedly.

Attachments

• 20211025_100009.jpg
    20211025_100009.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211025_095851.jpg
    20211025_095851.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: DIBBS
you opened the taper on the actual action to accommodate the fatter case at the front, that it?
Yes, it also improves feeding with a variety of cartridges, Creedmoor, GT, and PRCs. Several aftermarket actions like, Zermatt, Curtis and Terminus do not need this type of work. I have only done it on R700, Mod 70s and Ruger 77s.