• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 AI with ACIS mags

Re: 243 AI with ACIS mags

Yes, As long as they are 308 mags (same cartridge family, little shorter), little bit of a jump on the 300WM and 338 mags
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Doc- Are you talking from experience or assuming?

We just went through this with AW mags not AICS and there were SERIOUS feeding issues due to the pressed rib near the front of the AW mag. We had to machine out the rear half of the rib as it was pressing against the sharp pushed forward shoulder of the Ackley case.

Do not assume that simply because the parent cartridges are the same that they will feed. Take a close look at the ribs on the AICS mag and determine where they correspond to the cases. If the ribs are no where near the shoulder you should be ok.

thanks for the info. Been looking at the CDI Prescion system, will a round with an oal of 2.915 fit in the mag or will I have to seat the bullet a little further in? Also will I have to do any metal work to a stiller predator action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Just Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personal experience.

.243AI will feed from AICS, will not feed from AW. </div></div>

What he said.

Cheers,

Doc

I have a 243ai rem 700 in my AICS stock and it really doesnt like feeding the cases. It will do it, but it isnt slick by any means. It will work though!! Lee

I have not pick up AICS yet. Its a stiller action in a manners T stock with PTG bottom metal, will be making the upgrade in the next month or so. Currently shooting berger 105VLD 2.874 with a wyatts center feed box