• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 and 260 rem barrels for AX PSR

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Does anyone know who makes barrels for AI psr system in 234 win and 260 rem calibers?

Call Mile High Shooting. They had .260 Rem barrels for the PSR in January. I'm very happy with the barrel and their customer service.

Does your new barrel require you to take off the forehand guard before able to screw off the barrel? I think it was an oversight on their engineering to have to do that to change barrel.

What was your barrel length and twist rate?

Off the top of my head, it's a 22 inch barrel and a 8.25 twist.

I have to take off the fore end with all the barrels. I don't see it as a big deal as it adds about 2 minutes to the barrel changing process.

I think they did that to make sure the barrel stays put, rather than as an oversight. I know there are people here with a lot more knowledge about the PSR program who could tell us why that is.

All they're doing with the new barrels is shaving off the shoulder of the barrel so that you wont have to take off the tube every time. Lance for AINA told me. Getting mines back from Mile high on friday

Are you saying that they can shave a little bit off the shoulder of the existing psr barrels so you dont have to take the forehand off every time?
How much did it cost you to do so? And how long did it take?
Thanks

Are you saying that they can shave a little bit off the shoulder of the existing psr barrels so you dont have to take the forehand off every time?
How much did it cost you to do so? And how long did it take?
Thanks

Yes you can shave it off. No, I didn't have them do it on my existing barrels. I want to say that the .260 barrel will come with it shaved off. I just had them install muzzle brakes since the AAC brake is useless in CA and can't have a can. Im sure they can have it turned around fast. Jason @ EuroOptic told me I can contact Dave Tooley since he chamber the AI barrels, to do the job, or you can have Mile High do it. Its up to you

Also, if you're going to use a wide diameter brake like the AI's, I would shave it off the shoulder since the brake will not clear the tube. I tried to do it with my previous AX338.