• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 barrel

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
May be it's a stupid question, but if your barrel is throated for the 115 grains bullet, can you still shoot the 105 grains bullets accurately? I guess, my question is whether the accuracy will be affected or not.

Want to take advantage of the higer BC with the 115 grains bullets, but I have a bunch of the 105 grains as well. Want to be able to shoot both. Thanks for your help.

Re: 243 barrel

The only thing that "throated for 115's" means is that the reamer has a little more freebore. YOu can still shoot 105's or even the 90 grain class bullets with no trouble! If you have 105's shoot em.

Re: 243 barrel

Besides the longer freebore there should a different lead angle from what i remember during my discussions with PTG on my 6XC DTAC reamer. With that said i successfully used 107 SMK's for my first 100 & they worked great. The 243 reamer for the 115's should be the same lead/throat as the 6XC & should like the lighter bullets w/o any issues.