• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 - Cycling Issues

Deltagunner00

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
Buddy has a 243 that I am helping him with. It will sometimes cycle a few fine and run fine, but then run into issues.

It will feed the next round in just fine, but it seems like the BCG is not going forward far enough or the trigger is not being reset. When you pull the trigger the next time, there is nothing like it has not been reset, but the next round is in battery with a light primer strike just from the bolt riding forward. Occasional double taps as well. TriggerTech drop in trigger. Suppressed. Rifle length gas system. JP Silent Capture Buffer. Adjustable gas block. Probably adjust this next.

I tried my BCG in it and it does the same thing.

What's next to try if it was in your hands? TIA

Seems like tuning the AGB would be the first thing. After that, it would help to know more about the manufacturer/model/specs of the upper, lower, barrel, BCG, RE length, SCS model, trigger model and suppressor. Then look into build issues like barrel clocking, gas tube length/alignment, headspace. Also, lubrication and ammo used.

Reactions: Deltagunner00
Some AR10s have a taller internal height and require a trigger that has a slightly taller hammer.

Last edited:
I had this exact thing happen. I was running the tt diamond ( green) single stage. Switched to the red two stage diamond and it is good to go. I believe I was having a sear issue. Put 200 rounds without issue this morning.