• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243 loads

liljonnyWV

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
West Virginia, USA
Does anyone have any good hand loads I can try in my savage 243? My uncle gave me some that he made up for his rem 243, but they just dont shoot good out of mine.

Re: 243 loads

Do you know what the twist rate is? You should be okay with the Berger 90-95 grain bullets. You can't go wrong with Sierra SMK's or the Hornady AMAX. 80-100 gr. Check out Hogdon Varget. Get a good loading manual. Also at the top of this forum header there are a bunch of loads.

Re: 243 loads

I have been using 80gr Nosler Ballistic Tips above 42.5gr of H380 with WIN brass and shooting around .65 out of my Tikka T3 Lite at 100yds. Make sure you start your load out low since mine is at the high end according to the Nosler manual. I use these for target and coyote. MAKE SURE TO USE A MANUAL BEFORE MAKING UP A LOAD!!!!!!