• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.243 to .260 tutorial?

Sleeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Central, TX
.243 to .260 tutorial? I have Forester .260 match dies. K&M neck turning tool. I am new to making cases. In the past I have only reloaded .223 and .308. Thanks for any help. I did try the search first before posting.

Re: .243 to .260 tutorial?

I use a Redding neck sizer die with a tapered expander ball (got the expander ball from Sinclair's with the die) on the decapping rod to size my new 243 Lapua brass up, then trim them (barely) to square the case mouth up then chamfer the mouth. That's pretty much it, after that prime, charge, seat bullet to desired OAL and away you go.

Good question, Sleeper. I do trim donuts with a Wilson inside neck reamer after fireforming, but mine is a 260 Ackley Improved so it's to be expected... I didn't think you would need to on a standard 260 (like dksd39 has posted), so I didn't put all that in my first post.

Since you have a K&M neck turner, just use the K&M expander mandrel to neck up.

I use a Redding neck sizer die with a tapered expander ball (got the expander ball from Sinclair's with the die) on the decapping rod to size my new 243 Lapua brass up, then trim them (barely) to square the case mouth up then chamfer the mouth. That's pretty much it, after that prime, charge, seat bullet to desired OAL and away you go.
I have been doing the same thing with Winchester .243 brass, worked fine for me. I recently decided to replace my bras. I bought Alpha 260 brass. top notch stuff, worth the extra $$

Last edited: