• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pixel_wasted

Shithead
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2017
Peoples Republik
Anyone have any favorite recipes for this?thinking about it and ive been using the same 35 gr imr 4895 with sierra game king 100 for ages,but seeing these heavier bullets 107’s and dont have any hard data on them.Now unsure if its a wise choice using the 100 gr for a plinker round with the wife and kiddo.

What twist rate does your rifle have? I used 48.0-48.5 grains of Retumbo with Hornady 105 Bthps in two different barrels. Between 3050 and 3090 fps.

I honestly have no idea.have had this rifle for at least 25 years,its an old remington 788,which ive heard conflicting stories why remington discontinued them.It is the carbine version and it shoots MOA offhand.Grandpa got it for me as my first hunting rifle and i keep it around to have kids and the wife shoot it

My 243 is a custom barrel with a fast twist. 4350 was a favorite for ever and still works well. 4831 and RL-22 work well too. For targets I use either the Sierra or Berger 95's or the 105-107's and for deer I use the 100 grain Nosler. Lapua or Winchester brass and either a CCI-200 or a Federal 210M.

I'm skeptical your rifle has the twist for the heavier bullets. I don't know, but it would be awfully uncommon for an older factory rifle to have an 8 twist.