• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SteveC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2023
Oklahoma
I have an extra 308 upper that I am not using. I wondered if it would be goofy to order a barrel and change it to a 243. I don’t reload so I can’t do something that is not available. I mostly just coyote and varmint hunt on my farm. I already have 223/556 and 308 ar’s. And just a barrel would not cost me much

0F1BC1FD-1832-4E3F-AE65-958B85BB8FF7.jpeg

Reactions: Constructor
I have a 24" barreled .243 Win in my safe. Light shooting and accurate, it is my hands down favorite of all my ARs to shoot steel, take to PRS, and expose new shooters to out at the range. If you order a barrel in .243 make sure you get it with 1 in 8 twist so that you can take advantage of 95 grain or heavier bullets. I have a pretty good combination of heavy buffer, light buffer spring, adjustable gas block, and muzzle brake that makes felt recoil and forward bolt impulse almost non-existent. If I was to do it again I'd get it with a rifle+2" gas tube but otherwise I'm extremely happy with it. Wait for a holiday sale at X-Caliber Barrels (https://www.x-caliber.net/ar-barrels) and order a custom to your specs.

Reactions: SteveC