• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

243ai anyone

jhedg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
Anyone shooting the 105-115 and using a AI magazine, I am shooting 75gr Amax at 3770, 26", and have a little room left. I want to do another 243AI/w a 1/7 or 1/8 with a long barrel maybe 29-30" and shoot the larger weight. I have taken Groundhogs a little over 800yds already/w the 75's. I should get a little better wind bucking, I have farms, I can shoot over 1000yds. I dont want to single load!

Re: 243ai anyone

it will work fine with 115's my buddy and I mag loaded them in aics mags out of our 243ai's. they shoot like lasers with 115's dtacs

Just load a dummy round to allow a little throat chasing while still fitting in the mag, and have your smith cut the chamber accordingly.

anyone ever use the dtacs on the fury vermin(Groundhogs), I used VLDS one time in a 6.5x284 hit one a little low on the belly, and he did about 5 summersalts( wow is that still a word) in 2 seconds, then ran to his hole I would image then died. Now it was pretty cool to see it, I really dont like anything, but dispatching on one hit, never have had a issue/w the 75gr Hornadys screws'em up pretty bad

if you want long range explosion stick with either the 87gr vmax or the 105 amax. the tipped bullets really are the key to fast expansion/explosion

I'm currently running the 105 AMAX out of my 8 twist 243 Ackley with outstanding results and they are the bomb on groundhogs (pun intended).

Without having access to my data book right now I believe overall length is right at 2.8" with bullets just touching the lands and I have no problems at all feeding them from an AI mag.

You ever need help whacking groundhogs let me know, I don't mind traveling.
wink.gif