• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25/300WSM or 25 Pronghorn

Ark. Trapper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
Aetna, Arkansas
I just had a rifle built in this caliber and would like to know if anybody on here has any experience with this round. If so I'll take all the loading data I can get my hands on. I've already got some data but can always use more. Thanks in advance.

Re: 25/300WSM or 25 Pronghorn

I've been shooting 110 Accubonds in mine. RL22 and Magpro both work well. I don't recall my loads off the top of my head, but I'm getting ~3450 fps.

What kind of barrel life do you get with this? .257" bore in a WSM case, sounds like a barrel burner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of barrel life do you get with this? .257" bore in a WSM case, sounds like a barrel burner.</div></div> I'm guessing about 1500-2500 rounds. But it's a hunting rifle so that will last a long time even if you shoot as much as I do. If you're worried about barrel life then you don't build rifles like this, you build 223's, 308's or 260's. I like the fast calibers so I just figure that's part of playing the game. They make barrels everyday!!

I only have ~300 rounds thru mine but I have not checked the throat on it. I did get an extra identical barrel when I had mine built. Just in case...