• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 creed brass

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
I’m getting tooled up for the 1/4 bore creed. I’m partial to Lapua brass (who isn’t) are you all necking up 6 creed brass or necking down 6.5? I may just stick with alpha, I’ve had good luck with their dasher brass. With that being said what dies are you using and how are you setting them up (bushings, expanders, seating stem etc) thanks!!

I have been told necking down is better, I'm using necked down lapua right now. I resize with a SAC 281 bushing in a redding type s die, and use a 255 mandrel, and I just use the 6.5 seating stem.

Reactions: codym
I have been told necking down is better, I'm using necked down lapua right now. I resize with a SAC 281 bushing in a redding type s die, and use a 255 mandrel, and I just use the 6.5 seating stem.
Exactly what I was looking for thanks

Alpha Munitions makes Lapua-quality .25CM headstamped small rifle primer brass that costs the same as Lapua. No resizing involved, and it has the proper headstamp. I have a few boxes for my .25CM build that I’m waiting on the barrel to finish it.

For dies, I’m using a set of Redding Elite 6.5CM dies (Neck, FL, & Comp Seater) with SAC .282 bushings in them, and a Redding .257 VLD seating stem in the seater die. Works perfectly. 👍🏼

I’m also using one of the Alpha Legacy reamers to cut my chamber, so the brass and chamber will be very close in dimensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: codym