• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 Creedmoor Data

SCGunner84

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2018
I was just wondering how many hide members are running the 25 CM and what their loads are. I have a 25 CM build ongoing right now and I’m going to have a sendero contour 26 inch barrel. I’m hoping to be right at 3k mv or a smidge above that with great accuracy. If anyone has any data that wouldn’t mind sharing that would be great. I will be using Unknown Munitions to load ammo and he currently is using Petersen brass and H4350.

I have been running 25 Creedmoor for well over a year now. Having another rifle being built as we speak in 25 Creedmoor. I run the 131gr blackjack Ace exclusively with 41.5grs of 4350 in Peterson 6.5 SRP brass which I neck down using Redding S-type collar dies and CCI BR-4 primers. My chamber likes the bullets seated .035 off the lands.
Now for the numbers. I am getting 2953 fps with an SD of 7 out of a 23 shot string. I have had this bullet well over 3000fps,, and while it is easy to get that speed, this is not where the accuracy node lies. My local range stretches out to 1760yds (1 mile), and I use 19.1 mils to get there using a .333 G7 in my ballistics software. The 25 Creedmoor and this load is what I use to get to 1 mile ACCURATELY and CONSISTANTLY. I used this rifle to shoot top score at 1 mile a little over a week ago at the Accuracy Indiana match. There is no need to chase velocity with this bullet,, shoot for the accurate load which you will find in the 2950 range. As for accuracy expectations,, my rifle, and my shooting buddies 25 Creedmoor both shoot .30 groups consistently. The best part of this bullet is its ability to buck the wind. At one mile in 11mph winds, I only used 3.6 mils to get on target. There is a 25 Creedmoor Facebook page for more info if you need it.

Btw,, in order to run the Blackjack Ace 131gr bullet,, you must have a 1-8 twist or faster. Both of my barrels are 1-7.25tw

Reactions: Cote0321
Btw,, in order to run the Blackjack Ace 131gr bullet,, you must have a 1-8 twist or faster. Both of my barrels are 1-7.25tw
I’m pretty sure my Hawk Hill is a 1-7.5 so I should be good on that. I ordered it directly from blackjack.

I have been running 25 Creedmoor for well over a year now. Having another rifle being built as we speak in 25 Creedmoor. I run the 131gr blackjack Ace exclusively with 41.5grs of 4350 in Peterson 6.5 SRP brass which I neck down using Redding S-type collar dies and CCI BR-4 primers. My chamber likes the bullets seated .035 off the lands.
Now for the numbers. I am getting 2953 fps with an SD of 7 out of a 23 shot string. I have had this bullet well over 3000fps,, and while it is easy to get that speed, this is not where the accuracy node lies. My local range stretches out to 1760yds (1 mile), and I use 19.1 mils to get there using a .333 G7 in my ballistics software. The 25 Creedmoor and this load is what I use to get to 1 mile ACCURATELY and CONSISTANTLY. I used this rifle to shoot top score at 1 mile a little over a week ago at the Accuracy Indiana match. There is no need to chase velocity with this bullet,, shoot for the accurate load which you will find in the 2950 range. As for accuracy expectations,, my rifle, and my shooting buddies 25 Creedmoor both shoot .30 groups consistently. The best part of this bullet is its ability to buck the wind. At one mile in 11mph winds, I only used 3.6 mils to get on target. There is a 25 Creedmoor Facebook page for more info if you need it.
What barrel length are you guys running. Cold bore miracle is running 22 inch around 2930. That’s with 42.7 grains of H4350 and has great accuracy. My barrel is going to be 26 inch so I was thinking 3k should be achievable with accuracy still being there but again I don’t know I was jump making an assumption based on the info I had available. Thanks for sharing your info ??

We are running 28” Bartlein’s. As stated previously, I can get 3000fps easily,, but why should I ? The accuracy node is lower, which conserves barrel life and has no problem getting to 1 mile.

We are running 28” Bartlein’s. As stated previously, I can get 3000fps easily,, but why should I ? The accuracy node is lower, which conserves barrel life and has no problem getting to 1 mile.
Ok I gotcha. I’m not saying I want 3k mv at all cost because if my best node is at 2950 or 2975 that’s probably where I’ll end up going but every Barrel, powder etc is different so we will have to see. On a great note just got my shipment notification from my barrel coming from southern precision rifles ??

I ordered my first 25 Creedmoor barrel over a year ago. 26" heavy palma for my Desert Tech. I'm using Starline SRP brass, FGM205M primers, and 41.6 grains of Reloder 16. MV is 2974, 10 shot SD was 3.something, ES of 9. I liked it so much, I ordered a barrel for my AX

I know you said you want to run then at 3k, but there's a node in that 2950 range that is really easy to achieve, it's easy on brass, and the ballistics are really impressive. I've gone over 3k during load development, but the node isn't there. Maybe with a 30"+ barrel it might be, but with a typical 24" to 26" barrel, it's in the 2950-2980 range

Last edited:
I’m going to try a 25 creed for deer in my wife’s origin. Who are you guys using to chamber these? Thanks

I’m going to try a 25 creed for deer in my wife’s origin. Who are you guys using to chamber these? Thanks
Unknown Munitions, great product and great customer service ??

I have used Southern Precision Rifle for other barrels in the past for pre-threads,, and there work was equally impressive.

Sorry read your post incorrectly unknown munitions is where I’ll be getting my ammo from my barrel that it otw to me now was chambered by Southern Precision also.

I’m running the 25 creed @ 2950 with necked down Lapua, CCI 450, 42.3 of H4350, and a the Ace at .015 off the lands. I’m running a Krieger 1:7.
As others have said, it’s not hard to get the velocity over 3000, but it’s hard on the barrel and really hard on the brass.

If you had $2500 and no more, what would you recommend over the NF 5-25 F1 ?
I’m running the 25 creed @ 2950 with necked down Lapua, CCI 450, 42.3 of H4350, and a the Ace at .015 off the lands. I’m running a Krieger 1:7.
As others have said, it’s not hard to get the velocity over 3000, but it’s hard on the barrel and really hard on the brass.
What barrel length?

Has anyone tried reloader 16? Just trying to figure out where to start and I’m down to my last 3 pounds of h-4350 which goes in my 6 creed and 260

Reloder 16 is all I use. See post #9

wow didn’t see that!! Thank you! I can get reloder 16 everywhere but don’t want to start fresh with the other 2! I’m glad to see you are getting similar velocities. I was told a lot of people were struggling to keep sd/es down compared to 4350

wow didn’t see that!! Thank you! I can get reloder 16 everywhere but don’t want to start fresh with the other 2! I’m glad to see you are getting similar velocities. I was told a lot of people were struggling to keep sd/es down compared to 4350

I'm having no problems with Reloder 16. My SD and ES numbers are good. I'd say just as good as they are with H4350

Reactions: Matt_3479
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting out of 1:7 compared to 1:8?

I’m running a 1:7 twist with fantastic accuracy. .4’s-.5’s average at 100-200 yards. And .3-.4 moa at 500-750 yards (longest I’ve taken it)

2000 rounds in a 1 in 7.25 with reloader 16. 42.6 grains getting 2970 in a 24 in. barrel. Accuracy rock solid and have not had to change seating depth. really pleased with the long range and wind numbers. Red beards' in South Texas did the work. Banged a deer at 300 yards and went down quickly. Been a fun round.

2000 rounds in a 1 in 7.25 with reloader 16. 42.6 grains getting 2970 in a 24 in. barrel. Accuracy rock solid and have not had to change seating depth. really pleased with the long range and wind numbers. Red beards' in South Texas did the work. Banged a deer at 300 yards and went down quickly. Been a fun round.
old post but, how far off the lands did you start at?

I have used the Vihtavuori N555 42.5gr with the Berger 133 and the same with the 135 Bergers super good single digit SDs!
I have also used the H4350 with those and the Blackjack 131s

Reloder 16 is all I use. See post #9
RL16 has given me really good results, low SDs, ES, speed and accuracy. some complain about carbon rings and how dirty it is, but I haven't seen much difference between RL16 and other powders. I clean every 300 rounds or so.

Screenshot_20220214-113456_Range Buddy.jpg
133 grain Berger

Has anyone successfully necked 6mm Creed brass up to .25?

I have a metric shit ton of 1x fired Lapua 6 Creed brass, and I’m wondering if it would be worth it to try and scavenge some of that before buying new.

I have .2565, .257, and .2575 expander mandrels as well as the ability to neck turn if needed. I don’t think the step from .243 to .257 is so severe that it would create donut or runout issues, but wanted to check here first.

I am thinking anneal, expand, FL size (no expander), re-expand, fireform. Any other considerations?

Has anyone successfully necked 6mm Creed brass up to .25?

I have a metric shit ton of 1x fired Lapua 6 Creed brass, and I’m wondering if it would be worth it to try and scavenge some of that before buying new.

I have .2565, .257, and .2575 expander mandrels as well as the ability to neck turn if needed. I don’t think the step from .243 to .257 is so severe that it would create donut or runout issues, but wanted to check here first.

I am thinking anneal, expand, FL size (no expander), re-expand, fireform. Any other considerations?
Plenty of guys have converted 6mm to 25 and no one that i know of had any issues with donuts or runout. Like you said, it's not a severe step up from 6 to 25, and annealing can only help.

Reactions: just browsing
Got a 22" Bartlein #4CFW 7.5 twist ordered and 1,500 Berger 133 elite hunters. Gonna mandrel some Lapua 6 creed brass soon. How many firings are you all getting on Lapua SR brass?

This is going to be a lightweight hunting rifle so barrel should last me 2,000 rounds or more.

Got a 22" Bartlein #4CFW 7.5 twist ordered and 1,500 Berger 133 elite hunters. Gonna mandrel some Lapua 6 creed brass soon. How many firings are you all getting on Lapua SR brass?

This is going to be a lightweight hunting rifle so barrel should last me 2,000 rounds or more.
I have lapua SRP 6creed with 6x firings Doing well. I have lapua 6.5 creed SRP that are on 15x firings and have been necked down to 25 cal for the last 7. No problems. I anneal every 3 firings or so.

How many firings you will get on a piece of brass is a very subjective question. If you are not hotrodding you should get 15 to 20 firings out of your brass. I think the 6.5 guys did a video on this back in the day. I anneal every other firing. I have ended up throwing Lapua brass away at 20 firings that still have tight primer pockets just because I start getting worried. A case head separation at a match really blows.

I'm still waiting (backordered) 500 Blackjack 131 ACE bullets from Jan 2021... I'm not holding my breath at this point...

Probably going to just start buying up the Berger 135 Elites instead.

Reactions: chevy327
I've got 300 of the 133s to load up for hunting season. Haven't shot any yet so far.

Reactions: nrspence