• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 25 minute base?

savageshooter623

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2013
Adair Iowa
Hey everyone! I am doing some elr with my savage, and i need a few more minutes. 20 doesnt get me to where I want to be, but 30 will make me loose my 100 yard zero. Really what I need is a 25 minute base. Any suggestions?! Im having some difficulty finding good results on google.

My gunsmith contacted one of the more common manufacturers of bases---sorry I don't know which---and they made one for me. It took only about a week longer than normal for them to get it in. We did a steel one, and then he welded it to the action. this effectively stiffens the action to be similar to a single shot action. Now, I may have to get a 20MOA intermediate "base" eventually to get out past 1800 yards, but I like what I have. You could try contacting one of the manufacturers and ask if they can make one for you. The price was very close if not the same.

wow guys! Thanks for the feed back! i will definitely give murphy a look! Sniper Uncle, I would greatly appreciate it if you could track down that company! That way I can weigh my options.

Ken Ferrell makes what you need, along with "perfect rings", Ferrell Percision