• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 Yard Groups

RNWRKNP

Sophisticated Redneck
Minuteman
  • Dec 13, 2017
    PHX, AZ
    So if you know your muzzle velocity on the round that you are using, ballistic engine to tell you how low at 25 yards that you will be, has the bullet had eneough distance at 25 yards to stabilize for real world performance down range? 6.5CM, 556 and 7mag as examples. Indoor range with a rifle lane is what I’m considering and obviously wind will have been taken out of the equation but it would allow for load development that won’t punish my equipment in Phoenix summer heat. That and I framed for 12 years in the heat and don’t particularly care to cook my head while I punish my equipment? High probability of a stupid question but I came to learn and thank you in advance for your input.

if you want velocity, sure that will work. but at such a close range i don't think you'll see much spread in groups between charges.

btw, you're gonna dial up at 25y

For reference. This is 20 shots. 10 different charge weights. 200y. Not much spread

Attachments

• 20180617_163015.jpg
      20180617_163015.jpg
      414.6 KB · Views: 19
    if you want velocity, sure that will work. but at such a close range i don't think you'll see much spread in groups between charges.

btw, you're gonna dial up at 25y

Now that I think it through your right.....not enough range to demonstrate spread. Would still be able to do velocity and musical scopes which is the other element I’m chasing. Understood on the 25 yards. Maintaining POA knowing the POI will be low. Ballistic engine should tell me how low so that I know where POI is going to be at 100? Want them close so that when I do a trip back to the ranch it’s fine tune and go with known loads.

Thanks,

200y

I would never try and move a 25y zero to 100y zero based on ballistics calc. There's some funky stuff going on inside 100y

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180617-224320_BallisticsARC.jpg
      Screenshot_20180617-224320_BallisticsARC.jpg
      285.3 KB · Views: 22
    200y

I would never try and move a 25y zero to 100y zero based on ballistics calc. There's some funky stuff going on inside 100y

I would true the zero once there but I see what you mean.