• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 years ago.....

Barneybdb

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 2, 2011
    Adelaide, South Australia
    b1-black-hawk-down_wrecage-2018-960-0.jpg

b1-black-hawk-down_wrecage-2018-960-1.jpg

The beginning of my hatred for the Clintons.

I can still remember the whole unit standing in the day room watching the news when this happened. Here is a picture of Task Force "Ranger". I didn't know him then, but the young PVT sitting on top of the HUMMV on the right, with his arm on the 50 cal. has become a trusted friend over the years.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe..._Bravo_Company_3rd_Batallion_Somalia_1993.jpg

I remember that shit as well. Feeling angry about what happened in Mogadishu (“the Mog”) is an understatement; it’s a miracle that more Soldiers & Marines weren’t killed as a result of Clinton’s fucked up ROEs. We spent a few months in theatre & I despised the Clintons even more so as a result of his piss poor leadership.

I despise the Clintons & all those like them. They’re a prime example of all that is wrong w/ our nation.

When I graduated infantry school and was headed to airborne hold, I got to meet a few people during that wait. Met one of the guys from Blackhawk Down (he was getting out, wanna say he was the "main guy" portrayed in the movie? He was one of them and signed books for soldiers.) Also met McVeigh's 1SG too, he had a job on post as a retired SM. Really nice guy actually.

Years later, while conversing w/ a classmate I found out that he was a Ranger in Mogadishu at the same time. We were talking sea stories, etc, & some point he tells me “Ten years ago tonight I was fighting for my life...”. He’s a cool guy but we eventually went to different stations & haven’t talked in years.

I remember that shit as well. Feeling angry about what happened in Mogadishu (“the Mog”) is an understatement; it’s a miracle that more Soldiers & Marines weren’t killed as a result of Clinton’s fucked up ROEs. We spent a few months in theatre & I despised the Clintons even more so as a result of his piss poor leadership.

I despise the Clintons & all those like them. They’re a prime example of all that is wrong w/ our nation.

Problem is when equipment is looked at on a "needs" basis.

What they NEED isnt the question.........what they WANT is what you provide.

If you are in Washington your job is to provide WANTS to the combat zone not assess NEEDS.

Example....

Did Clinton NEED a blow job from Monica or did he WANT her to guzzle his cum.

Answer is obvious and there is a dress to prove it. No one died, unless you count decency as a person, so there was no NEED but a WANT was satisfied.

In the case of Mogadishu....

The theater commander WANTED Abrams. Washington decided he didnt NEED Abrams.

All those dead guys showed that the theater commander not only WANTED Abrams but NEEDED Abrams.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Barneybdb